Apr 25, 2014, 8:53 PM EDT
NEW YORK — It was a largely lifeless crowd for much of the first half at the Barclays Center for Game 3 between the Nets and the Raptors.
And then, Paul Pierce woke everybody up.
Pierce used a crossover to get by Tyler Hansbrough on the perimeter, and then got into the lane for a huge one-handed slam that brought the crowd to its feet.
The intensity was immediately ratcheted up from that point, with both teams getting a bit chippy to end the first half, which the Nets led 49-45.
[via The Brooklyn Game]
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 6
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 5
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 34
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 9
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40