Apr 25, 2014, 8:53 PM EDT
NEW YORK — It was a largely lifeless crowd for much of the first half at the Barclays Center for Game 3 between the Nets and the Raptors.
And then, Paul Pierce woke everybody up.
Pierce used a crossover to get by Tyler Hansbrough on the perimeter, and then got into the lane for a huge one-handed slam that brought the crowd to its feet.
The intensity was immediately ratcheted up from that point, with both teams getting a bit chippy to end the first half, which the Nets led 49-45.
[via The Brooklyn Game]
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 6
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winers start with Lakers 22
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10