Apr 25, 2014, 8:53 PM EDT
NEW YORK — It was a largely lifeless crowd for much of the first half at the Barclays Center for Game 3 between the Nets and the Raptors.
And then, Paul Pierce woke everybody up.
Pierce used a crossover to get by Tyler Hansbrough on the perimeter, and then got into the lane for a huge one-handed slam that brought the crowd to its feet.
The intensity was immediately ratcheted up from that point, with both teams getting a bit chippy to end the first half, which the Nets led 49-45.
[via The Brooklyn Game]
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 32
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4