Apr 25, 2014, 8:53 PM EDT
NEW YORK — It was a largely lifeless crowd for much of the first half at the Barclays Center for Game 3 between the Nets and the Raptors.
And then, Paul Pierce woke everybody up.
Pierce used a crossover to get by Tyler Hansbrough on the perimeter, and then got into the lane for a huge one-handed slam that brought the crowd to its feet.
The intensity was immediately ratcheted up from that point, with both teams getting a bit chippy to end the first half, which the Nets led 49-45.
[via The Brooklyn Game]
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 6
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 10
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 32
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 8