Apr 25, 2014, 10:27 PM EDT
Nene made consecutive baskets in the fourth quarter of Game 3 of the Wizards-Bulls series, and he celebrated the second by giving a slight shove to Jimmy Butler while heading up court. Butler put his hand on Nene, and that’s when the real incident started.
Nene and Butler went head-to-head, pressing foreheads as they stared each other down. Nene reached around Butler’s head with both hands and tried to control Butler’s movement – earning an ejection after they were parted.
Butler, who also received a technical, missed the technical free throw but made a 3-pointer on his next possession.
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 0
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 16
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 58
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 82
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5