Apr 25, 2014, 10:27 PM EDT
Nene made consecutive baskets in the fourth quarter of Game 3 of the Wizards-Bulls series, and he celebrated the second by giving a slight shove to Jimmy Butler while heading up court. Butler put his hand on Nene, and that’s when the real incident started.
Nene and Butler went head-to-head, pressing foreheads as they stared each other down. Nene reached around Butler’s head with both hands and tried to control Butler’s movement – earning an ejection after they were parted.
Butler, who also received a technical, missed the technical free throw but made a 3-pointer on his next possession.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 83
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20