Apr 16, 2014, 2:42 AM EDT
Our quick look around the NBA, or what you missed while thinking you may not eat cod for a while…
Chris Paul, Los Angeles Clippers. The Clippers raced out to a 13-0 lead against the Nuggets and never looked back and CP3 was at the front of that with 13 points of his own in the first quarter. Doc Rivers said after the game he had thought about resting his stars for this one but they told him they wanted to play, that they wanted to chase the No. 2 seed (the Clippers are still alive for that, if they beat the Blazers Wednesday and the Thunder loses to the Pistons, which is not likely, the Clips get the No. 2 slot). Can’t blame Rivers for resting CP3 in the fourth, Paul still had 21 points and 10 assists, looking ready for the playoffs.
New York Knicks timing. Really? Now? The Knicks are 2-0 since being eliminated from the playoffs and played some of the most relaxed, free flowing, exciting basketball of their season Tuesday night in beating the Nets in Brooklyn. Tim Hardaway Jr. had 16 points off the bench. The Knicks defense forced 19 Nets turnovers, which got them out and running for highlight plays. The offense showed balance with Amar’e Stoudemire, J.R. Smith and Shannon Brown each scoring 14 points. Really? Now?
J.J. Redick, Los Angeles Clippers.This was his best game by far since returning from injury. This is the J.J. Redick the Clippers need in the playoffs. He was effortlessly gliding into the open spots on the arc and knocking down shots when he got the ball (4-of-6 from three). His defensive effort was there. This was a very good sign, because it is most likely the Clippers face Golden State in the first round and Redick will face off against Klay Thompson. The Clippers need this Redick in that series.
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 0
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 10
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 9
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 6
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 38
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 6
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 15