Apr 14, 2014, 7:01 PM EST
DeMarcus Cousins will be starting his offseason early.
As PBT told you, Cousins picked up a technical Sunday in a game against Minnesota, Cousins’ 16th of the season. That’s the magic number — get to 16 and you get suspended for a game.
Monday the league upheld Cousins’ suspension and he will sit out the Kings’ season finale Sunday against the Suns. That could matter because if the Suns beat Grizzlies on Monday the Suns could still make the playoffs with a win Wednesday night over the Kings (and a Mavericks win over the Grizzlies that same night).
On the whole Cousins has done better this season at not losing his temper and keeping his composure when players or officials get under his skin, but it’s still safe to call that a work in progress.
You can see the last technical Cousins’ got at the 1:24 mark of the video below.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 2
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 5
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7