Apr 14, 2014, 7:01 PM EDT
DeMarcus Cousins will be starting his offseason early.
As PBT told you, Cousins picked up a technical Sunday in a game against Minnesota, Cousins’ 16th of the season. That’s the magic number — get to 16 and you get suspended for a game.
Monday the league upheld Cousins’ suspension and he will sit out the Kings’ season finale Sunday against the Suns. That could matter because if the Suns beat Grizzlies on Monday the Suns could still make the playoffs with a win Wednesday night over the Kings (and a Mavericks win over the Grizzlies that same night).
On the whole Cousins has done better this season at not losing his temper and keeping his composure when players or officials get under his skin, but it’s still safe to call that a work in progress.
You can see the last technical Cousins’ got at the 1:24 mark of the video below.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 1
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17