Apr 14, 2014, 7:01 PM EDT
DeMarcus Cousins will be starting his offseason early.
As PBT told you, Cousins picked up a technical Sunday in a game against Minnesota, Cousins’ 16th of the season. That’s the magic number — get to 16 and you get suspended for a game.
Monday the league upheld Cousins’ suspension and he will sit out the Kings’ season finale Sunday against the Suns. That could matter because if the Suns beat Grizzlies on Monday the Suns could still make the playoffs with a win Wednesday night over the Kings (and a Mavericks win over the Grizzlies that same night).
On the whole Cousins has done better this season at not losing his temper and keeping his composure when players or officials get under his skin, but it’s still safe to call that a work in progress.
You can see the last technical Cousins’ got at the 1:24 mark of the video below.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50