Apr 14, 2014, 7:01 PM EDT
DeMarcus Cousins will be starting his offseason early.
As PBT told you, Cousins picked up a technical Sunday in a game against Minnesota, Cousins’ 16th of the season. That’s the magic number — get to 16 and you get suspended for a game.
Monday the league upheld Cousins’ suspension and he will sit out the Kings’ season finale Sunday against the Suns. That could matter because if the Suns beat Grizzlies on Monday the Suns could still make the playoffs with a win Wednesday night over the Kings (and a Mavericks win over the Grizzlies that same night).
On the whole Cousins has done better this season at not losing his temper and keeping his composure when players or officials get under his skin, but it’s still safe to call that a work in progress.
You can see the last technical Cousins’ got at the 1:24 mark of the video below.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 3
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 19
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49