Apr 14, 2014, 7:01 PM EDT
DeMarcus Cousins will be starting his offseason early.
As PBT told you, Cousins picked up a technical Sunday in a game against Minnesota, Cousins’ 16th of the season. That’s the magic number — get to 16 and you get suspended for a game.
Monday the league upheld Cousins’ suspension and he will sit out the Kings’ season finale Sunday against the Suns. That could matter because if the Suns beat Grizzlies on Monday the Suns could still make the playoffs with a win Wednesday night over the Kings (and a Mavericks win over the Grizzlies that same night).
On the whole Cousins has done better this season at not losing his temper and keeping his composure when players or officials get under his skin, but it’s still safe to call that a work in progress.
You can see the last technical Cousins’ got at the 1:24 mark of the video below.
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 0
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 11
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 22
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 41
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29