Apr 14, 2014, 7:18 PM EDT
If Miami wins out and Indiana stumbles on the road at Orlando on Wednesday night, the Heat can get the top seed in the East. It’s not exactly a likely scenario, but it could play out that way.
Heat coach Eric Spoestra decided rest matters more.
This almost looks like the Heat conceding the No. 1 slot, although they could still beat the Wizards. It’s really about what Wizards team shows up.
This is a break for a Wizards team that also needs a win — they are the six seed going into Monday night, one game ahead of Charlotte (and the Bobcats have the tiebreaker). Washington wants to avoid falling to the seven seed and drawing a fully healthy and focused Miami in the first round. If the Wizards win out, they get the six seed (meaning likely Toronto or maybe Chicago in the first round).
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 6
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 4
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 28