Apr 14, 2014, 7:18 PM EDT
If Miami wins out and Indiana stumbles on the road at Orlando on Wednesday night, the Heat can get the top seed in the East. It’s not exactly a likely scenario, but it could play out that way.
Heat coach Eric Spoestra decided rest matters more.
This almost looks like the Heat conceding the No. 1 slot, although they could still beat the Wizards. It’s really about what Wizards team shows up.
This is a break for a Wizards team that also needs a win — they are the six seed going into Monday night, one game ahead of Charlotte (and the Bobcats have the tiebreaker). Washington wants to avoid falling to the seven seed and drawing a fully healthy and focused Miami in the first round. If the Wizards win out, they get the six seed (meaning likely Toronto or maybe Chicago in the first round).
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 20
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 20
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4