Apr 14, 2014, 7:18 PM EST
If Miami wins out and Indiana stumbles on the road at Orlando on Wednesday night, the Heat can get the top seed in the East. It’s not exactly a likely scenario, but it could play out that way.
Heat coach Eric Spoestra decided rest matters more.
This almost looks like the Heat conceding the No. 1 slot, although they could still beat the Wizards. It’s really about what Wizards team shows up.
This is a break for a Wizards team that also needs a win — they are the six seed going into Monday night, one game ahead of Charlotte (and the Bobcats have the tiebreaker). Washington wants to avoid falling to the seven seed and drawing a fully healthy and focused Miami in the first round. If the Wizards win out, they get the six seed (meaning likely Toronto or maybe Chicago in the first round).
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 0
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 19
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18