Apr 14, 2014, 7:18 PM EDT
If Miami wins out and Indiana stumbles on the road at Orlando on Wednesday night, the Heat can get the top seed in the East. It’s not exactly a likely scenario, but it could play out that way.
Heat coach Eric Spoestra decided rest matters more.
This almost looks like the Heat conceding the No. 1 slot, although they could still beat the Wizards. It’s really about what Wizards team shows up.
This is a break for a Wizards team that also needs a win — they are the six seed going into Monday night, one game ahead of Charlotte (and the Bobcats have the tiebreaker). Washington wants to avoid falling to the seven seed and drawing a fully healthy and focused Miami in the first round. If the Wizards win out, they get the six seed (meaning likely Toronto or maybe Chicago in the first round).
- Tony ‘First Team All-Defense’ Allen and Mike ‘Masked Assassin’ Conley lead Grizzlies to Game 2 win over Warriors 3
- Hawks unimpressive, but pull away late for Game 2 win over Wizards 0
- Mike Conley playing Game 2 against Warriors tonight 0
- John Wall out for Wizards-Hawks Game 2 tonight 3
- PBT Extra: Will Doc Rivers sit Chris Paul in Game 2? 0
- Tony Allen on MVP Stephen Curry: “It ain’t nothing I ain’t never seen before” 22
- PBT Extra: Grizzlies searching for answers, Mike Conley in Game 2 3
- PBT Extra: Hawks need to lean on starters more, hit open looks in Game 2 0