Apr 12, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
It was a wild night in Minnesota.
The Timberwolves are wrapping up a disappointing season that will leave them on the outside of the playoff picture when all is said and done, but there was plenty of excitement to go around on Friday.
As the clock was winding down, Ricky Rubio lobbed a pass in to Gorgui Dieng after drawing two defenders on the screen and roll. Dieng didn’t corral it immediately, but gathered it in time to launch a shot while fading away that splashed home with 4.6 seconds remaining.
James Harden brought the ball up the floor, but was stripped before he could get a final shot off.
There was no Kevin Love and no Dwight Howard in this one due to injury, and the game meant nothing in terms of the standings. But between Brewer’s scoring and Dieng’s late heroics, it was a great night to be in Minnesota.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 5
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48