Apr 12, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
It was a wild night in Minnesota.
The Timberwolves are wrapping up a disappointing season that will leave them on the outside of the playoff picture when all is said and done, but there was plenty of excitement to go around on Friday.
As the clock was winding down, Ricky Rubio lobbed a pass in to Gorgui Dieng after drawing two defenders on the screen and roll. Dieng didn’t corral it immediately, but gathered it in time to launch a shot while fading away that splashed home with 4.6 seconds remaining.
James Harden brought the ball up the floor, but was stripped before he could get a final shot off.
There was no Kevin Love and no Dwight Howard in this one due to injury, and the game meant nothing in terms of the standings. But between Brewer’s scoring and Dieng’s late heroics, it was a great night to be in Minnesota.
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 5
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 10
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 30
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 8