Apr 12, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
It was a wild night in Minnesota.
The Timberwolves are wrapping up a disappointing season that will leave them on the outside of the playoff picture when all is said and done, but there was plenty of excitement to go around on Friday.
As the clock was winding down, Ricky Rubio lobbed a pass in to Gorgui Dieng after drawing two defenders on the screen and roll. Dieng didn’t corral it immediately, but gathered it in time to launch a shot while fading away that splashed home with 4.6 seconds remaining.
James Harden brought the ball up the floor, but was stripped before he could get a final shot off.
There was no Kevin Love and no Dwight Howard in this one due to injury, and the game meant nothing in terms of the standings. But between Brewer’s scoring and Dieng’s late heroics, it was a great night to be in Minnesota.
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 15
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 19
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 4
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 38
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 3
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 30
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 22