Apr 12, 2014, 10:00 AM EST
It was a wild night in Minnesota.
The Timberwolves are wrapping up a disappointing season that will leave them on the outside of the playoff picture when all is said and done, but there was plenty of excitement to go around on Friday.
As the clock was winding down, Ricky Rubio lobbed a pass in to Gorgui Dieng after drawing two defenders on the screen and roll. Dieng didn’t corral it immediately, but gathered it in time to launch a shot while fading away that splashed home with 4.6 seconds remaining.
James Harden brought the ball up the floor, but was stripped before he could get a final shot off.
There was no Kevin Love and no Dwight Howard in this one due to injury, and the game meant nothing in terms of the standings. But between Brewer’s scoring and Dieng’s late heroics, it was a great night to be in Minnesota.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 4
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11