Apr 9, 2014, 2:46 PM EST
The Washington Wizards entered the season with the playoffs as the goal — remember John Wall was writing “playoffs” on his shoes at the start of the season. Well, they made it. And now Wednesday night they get Nene back — the Wizards’ defense improves six points per 100 possessions when the Brazilian Center is on the floor — just how dangerous is Washington in the postseason?
We also discuss with him the entire Eastern Conference playoffs and the MVP race, which really isn’t much of a race anymore.
Before that, Eytan and I talk some LeBron James and the Heat vs. Nets, and we discuss the Lakers’ coaching situation. Such as it is.
As always, you can listen by hitting play below or you can listen and subscribe via iTunes.
- Wesley Matthew’s injury will test Trail Blazers’ spacing 3
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 10
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 4
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14