Apr 9, 2014, 11:46 PM EDT
Chris Copeland had appeared in just 37 games for the Pacers coming into Wednesday night’s contest against the league-worst Bucks, and had averaged just 5.7 minutes per contest.
But when you decide to rest all five starters in a desperate attempt to get right before the playoffs, other guys will obviously get the chance to step up and produce.
Copeland did exactly that, pouring in 18 points off the bench in just 17 minutes of action, including this tough game-winner with 1.2 seconds remaining that helped his head coach’s strategy pay off — but just barely.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 6
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 14
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 7
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 6
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3