Apr 9, 2014, 11:46 PM EDT
Chris Copeland had appeared in just 37 games for the Pacers coming into Wednesday night’s contest against the league-worst Bucks, and had averaged just 5.7 minutes per contest.
But when you decide to rest all five starters in a desperate attempt to get right before the playoffs, other guys will obviously get the chance to step up and produce.
Copeland did exactly that, pouring in 18 points off the bench in just 17 minutes of action, including this tough game-winner with 1.2 seconds remaining that helped his head coach’s strategy pay off — but just barely.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 1
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 19
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 17
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 49