Apr 8, 2014, 3:20 PM EDT
Polish is a tough language for most of us to learn (it’s not one of the Romantic languages that flowed out of Latin so we Americans tend to be unfamiliar with its base words).
Marcin Gortat — the Polish Hammer — wants to help out and enlisted some of his Wizards teammates in this video produced by the team. Which is pretty classic.
This weekend the Wizards will host a Polish Heritage night where Gortat will be front and center. I guess that means Pierogi for everyone.
Hat tip to Lang Whitaker at NBA.com’s All Ball blog, who is no doubt fluent in Polish and six other languages.
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 0
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 4
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 4
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 16
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3