Apr 8, 2014, 3:20 PM EST
Polish is a tough language for most of us to learn (it’s not one of the Romantic languages that flowed out of Latin so we Americans tend to be unfamiliar with its base words).
Marcin Gortat — the Polish Hammer — wants to help out and enlisted some of his Wizards teammates in this video produced by the team. Which is pretty classic.
This weekend the Wizards will host a Polish Heritage night where Gortat will be front and center. I guess that means Pierogi for everyone.
Hat tip to Lang Whitaker at NBA.com’s All Ball blog, who is no doubt fluent in Polish and six other languages.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 3
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 17
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17