Apr 8, 2014, 9:16 PM EST
The most famous quote ever attributed to Dikembe Mutombo has nothing to do with his basketball career, but has become an urban legend of sorts nonetheless — and with good reason.
It’s impossible to argue that the idea of Mutombo walking into a bar as a college student at Georgetown and yelling out in a deep, guttural, Cookie Monster-esque tone the phrase, “WHO WANTS TO SEX MUTOMBO?” isn’t hilarious.
But it seems to have never actually happened.
Mutombo seemed determined to set the record straight, and his disappointing dispelling of the story can be seen in the video clip above.
[via SB Nation]
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 2
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 13
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41