Apr 8, 2014, 9:16 PM EDT
The most famous quote ever attributed to Dikembe Mutombo has nothing to do with his basketball career, but has become an urban legend of sorts nonetheless — and with good reason.
It’s impossible to argue that the idea of Mutombo walking into a bar as a college student at Georgetown and yelling out in a deep, guttural, Cookie Monster-esque tone the phrase, “WHO WANTS TO SEX MUTOMBO?” isn’t hilarious.
But it seems to have never actually happened.
Mutombo seemed determined to set the record straight, and his disappointing dispelling of the story can be seen in the video clip above.
[via SB Nation]
- PBT Extra: Will anyone step up and be third scorer for Cavaliers in Game 2? 0
- Doc Rivers on whether Chris Paul plays in Game 2 vs. Rockets: ‘Right now, I just don’t think so’ 0
- Tony ‘First Team All-Defense’ Allen and Mike ‘Masked Assassin’ Conley lead Grizzlies to Game 2 win over Warriors 16
- Hawks unimpressive, but pull away late for Game 2 win over Wizards 6
- Mike Conley playing Game 2 against Warriors tonight 0
- John Wall out for Wizards-Hawks Game 2 tonight 3
- PBT Extra: Will Doc Rivers sit Chris Paul in Game 2? 0
- Tony Allen on MVP Stephen Curry: “It ain’t nothing I ain’t never seen before” 23