Apr 8, 2014, 9:16 PM EDT
The most famous quote ever attributed to Dikembe Mutombo has nothing to do with his basketball career, but has become an urban legend of sorts nonetheless — and with good reason.
It’s impossible to argue that the idea of Mutombo walking into a bar as a college student at Georgetown and yelling out in a deep, guttural, Cookie Monster-esque tone the phrase, “WHO WANTS TO SEX MUTOMBO?” isn’t hilarious.
But it seems to have never actually happened.
Mutombo seemed determined to set the record straight, and his disappointing dispelling of the story can be seen in the video clip above.
[via SB Nation]
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 11
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 8
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9