Apr 6, 2014, 10:57 PM EDT
Minnesota forward Dante Cunningham is in serious trouble.
Sunday he was arrested again — this time on suspicion of making terrorist threats. That according to what the Medina police told the Minneapolis Star Tribune.
Medina police officer Chris McGill on Sunday confirmed Cunningham’s arrest, but declined to give details. He said that the department would issue a news release Monday morning.
The Timberwolves released this statement:
“The situation with Dante Cunningham is very fluid and we continue to monitor all available information. We reiterate that the Minnesota Timberwolves do not condone the behavior described in the accusations. We continue to wait for the legal process to run its course and will have further comment when appropriate.”
Cunningham was already due in court Monday related to last week’s domestic abuse charge. The Star-Tribune has more details on that charge.
In that case, he is accused to trying to strangle a woman in his Medina home. According to the complaint, the woman told authorities that the two have been living together for eight months, but having problems lately, including an argument about 3:30 a.m. Thursday after which Cunningham left in anger and she then locked the bedroom door.
A short time later, the complaint stated, Cunningham returned, kicked in the bedroom door, slammed her against the wall and choked her for about 15 to 20 seconds before letting her go and leaving the home.
Cunningham was out on $40,000 bail when the second incident occurred.
Cunningham, 26, is in his fifth NBA season. He has averaged 6 points and 4 rebounds a game in about 20 minutes a night off the bench for the Timberwolves this season.
Cunningham is a free agent after this season.
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall (VIDEO) 3
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 14
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 7
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 29
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27