Apr 6, 2014, 9:30 AM EST
Irving showed once again why he’s a potential franchise cornerstone deserving of the max contract extension offer he will receive from Cleveland this summer, shooting 16-of-31 from the field and adding eight assists, seven rebounds and three steals to what was a stellar overall effort.
Irving’s teammates provided little help on this night, however, shooting a combined 19-of-65 as the Bobcats ended up with the 96-94 overtime victory, which clinched a playoff spot for the first time 2010.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 19
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 62
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13