Apr 6, 2014, 12:25 AM EDT
Nets head coach Jason Kidd maintained all along that whenever Kevin Garnett was ready to return, he would be reinserted into the lineup without hesitation.
Garnett made Kidd look like a genius on Saturday, as the veteran was done struggling with back spasms and returned to action against the Sixers, appearing to be anything but a step behind.
The minutes were limited, but Garnett exceeded his expectations for production in the time he had on the floor. Garnett finished with 10 points on 5-of-6 shooting, to go along with four rebounds, an assist, a steal and a blocked shot in just 13 minutes of action as Brooklyn held off the Sixers 105-101.
[via The Brooklyn Game]
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 12
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 39
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19