Apr 3, 2014, 11:15 AM EDT
Dudley is having the worst season of his career, and Matt Barnes has replaced him in the starting lineup. The Clippers are 26-8 (.765) when Barnes starts and 28-14 (.666) when Dudley starts. It seems that problem has been solved.
What about shooting guard? Redick has started all 30 games he’s played this season, but he’s missed the Clippers’ last 25 with a bulging disc in his back. In the meantime, Los Angeles has found success with Jamal Crawford or Darren Collison in his place.
It appears Redick won’t get Wally Pipped, though.
Rivers said there was a “75 percent” chance Redick would return Thursday and multiple team sources said the plan was for Redick to start against Dallas.
With Collison (274 minutes):
- Offensive rating: 115.6
- Defensive rating: 102.1
- Net rating: +13.5
With Crawford (265 minutes):
- Offensive rating: 118.4
- Defensive rating: 97.1
- Net rating: 21.3
With Redick (23 minutes):
- Offensive rating: 114.9
- Defensive rating: 93.8
- Net rating: +21.1
It seems starting Redick is the best call. He’s the most effective 3-point shooter of the bunch, and Crawford’s and Collison’s creating skills go better with the second unit – or at least when one of Paul or Griffin sits.
As long as Redick returns soon, the Clippers will have a little time before the playoffs to test the lineup.
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall (VIDEO) 3
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 14
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 7
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 29
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27