Apr 3, 2014, 11:15 AM EST
Dudley is having the worst season of his career, and Matt Barnes has replaced him in the starting lineup. The Clippers are 26-8 (.765) when Barnes starts and 28-14 (.666) when Dudley starts. It seems that problem has been solved.
What about shooting guard? Redick has started all 30 games he’s played this season, but he’s missed the Clippers’ last 25 with a bulging disc in his back. In the meantime, Los Angeles has found success with Jamal Crawford or Darren Collison in his place.
It appears Redick won’t get Wally Pipped, though.
Rivers said there was a “75 percent” chance Redick would return Thursday and multiple team sources said the plan was for Redick to start against Dallas.
With Collison (274 minutes):
- Offensive rating: 115.6
- Defensive rating: 102.1
- Net rating: +13.5
With Crawford (265 minutes):
- Offensive rating: 118.4
- Defensive rating: 97.1
- Net rating: 21.3
With Redick (23 minutes):
- Offensive rating: 114.9
- Defensive rating: 93.8
- Net rating: +21.1
It seems starting Redick is the best call. He’s the most effective 3-point shooter of the bunch, and Crawford’s and Collison’s creating skills go better with the second unit – or at least when one of Paul or Griffin sits.
As long as Redick returns soon, the Clippers will have a little time before the playoffs to test the lineup.
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 9
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 4
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16