Apr 3, 2014, 11:15 AM EDT
Dudley is having the worst season of his career, and Matt Barnes has replaced him in the starting lineup. The Clippers are 26-8 (.765) when Barnes starts and 28-14 (.666) when Dudley starts. It seems that problem has been solved.
What about shooting guard? Redick has started all 30 games he’s played this season, but he’s missed the Clippers’ last 25 with a bulging disc in his back. In the meantime, Los Angeles has found success with Jamal Crawford or Darren Collison in his place.
It appears Redick won’t get Wally Pipped, though.
Rivers said there was a “75 percent” chance Redick would return Thursday and multiple team sources said the plan was for Redick to start against Dallas.
With Collison (274 minutes):
- Offensive rating: 115.6
- Defensive rating: 102.1
- Net rating: +13.5
With Crawford (265 minutes):
- Offensive rating: 118.4
- Defensive rating: 97.1
- Net rating: 21.3
With Redick (23 minutes):
- Offensive rating: 114.9
- Defensive rating: 93.8
- Net rating: +21.1
It seems starting Redick is the best call. He’s the most effective 3-point shooter of the bunch, and Crawford’s and Collison’s creating skills go better with the second unit – or at least when one of Paul or Griffin sits.
As long as Redick returns soon, the Clippers will have a little time before the playoffs to test the lineup.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 24
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 27
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8