Apr 3, 2014, 11:15 AM EDT
Dudley is having the worst season of his career, and Matt Barnes has replaced him in the starting lineup. The Clippers are 26-8 (.765) when Barnes starts and 28-14 (.666) when Dudley starts. It seems that problem has been solved.
What about shooting guard? Redick has started all 30 games he’s played this season, but he’s missed the Clippers’ last 25 with a bulging disc in his back. In the meantime, Los Angeles has found success with Jamal Crawford or Darren Collison in his place.
It appears Redick won’t get Wally Pipped, though.
Rivers said there was a “75 percent” chance Redick would return Thursday and multiple team sources said the plan was for Redick to start against Dallas.
With Collison (274 minutes):
- Offensive rating: 115.6
- Defensive rating: 102.1
- Net rating: +13.5
With Crawford (265 minutes):
- Offensive rating: 118.4
- Defensive rating: 97.1
- Net rating: 21.3
With Redick (23 minutes):
- Offensive rating: 114.9
- Defensive rating: 93.8
- Net rating: +21.1
It seems starting Redick is the best call. He’s the most effective 3-point shooter of the bunch, and Crawford’s and Collison’s creating skills go better with the second unit – or at least when one of Paul or Griffin sits.
As long as Redick returns soon, the Clippers will have a little time before the playoffs to test the lineup.
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 2
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 1
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 52
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6