Apr 3, 2014, 9:15 AM EDT
It was this kind of night for the Pacers.
With just more than three minutes left and the Pacers up one on the Pistons Wednesday, Roy Hibbert missed a shot inside, one that hit the rim so the 24 second clock should have reset, then Hibbert tipped the ball back out top to Paul George… except the clock never reset. So George had to take a ridiculously long three, which he did casually.
And drained it.
(George said after the game they reset the clock as he was shooting.)
The Pacers offense clicked for a night — sure, against the team that lost to the Sixers, but you take what you can get when you’re the Pacers right now — and won 101-97. George had 27 points on 9-of-19 shooting.
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 0
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 4
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 14
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 10
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 45
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 23
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 13
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 63