Apr 3, 2014, 9:15 AM EST
It was this kind of night for the Pacers.
With just more than three minutes left and the Pacers up one on the Pistons Wednesday, Roy Hibbert missed a shot inside, one that hit the rim so the 24 second clock should have reset, then Hibbert tipped the ball back out top to Paul George… except the clock never reset. So George had to take a ridiculously long three, which he did casually.
And drained it.
(George said after the game they reset the clock as he was shooting.)
The Pacers offense clicked for a night — sure, against the team that lost to the Sixers, but you take what you can get when you’re the Pacers right now — and won 101-97. George had 27 points on 9-of-19 shooting.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 0
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 11
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 28
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 58
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13