Apr 3, 2014, 9:15 AM EDT
It was this kind of night for the Pacers.
With just more than three minutes left and the Pacers up one on the Pistons Wednesday, Roy Hibbert missed a shot inside, one that hit the rim so the 24 second clock should have reset, then Hibbert tipped the ball back out top to Paul George… except the clock never reset. So George had to take a ridiculously long three, which he did casually.
And drained it.
(George said after the game they reset the clock as he was shooting.)
The Pacers offense clicked for a night — sure, against the team that lost to the Sixers, but you take what you can get when you’re the Pacers right now — and won 101-97. George had 27 points on 9-of-19 shooting.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30