Apr 3, 2014, 9:15 AM EDT
It was this kind of night for the Pacers.
With just more than three minutes left and the Pacers up one on the Pistons Wednesday, Roy Hibbert missed a shot inside, one that hit the rim so the 24 second clock should have reset, then Hibbert tipped the ball back out top to Paul George… except the clock never reset. So George had to take a ridiculously long three, which he did casually.
And drained it.
(George said after the game they reset the clock as he was shooting.)
The Pacers offense clicked for a night — sure, against the team that lost to the Sixers, but you take what you can get when you’re the Pacers right now — and won 101-97. George had 27 points on 9-of-19 shooting.
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 1
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 31
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40