Apr 3, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Kevin Durant has won over Oklahoma City fans despite attending the University of Texas.
Now, he’s really pushing his luck in Dallas Cowboys country.
Durant, who was born in Washington D.C., is a Redskins fan. That’s surely a tough pill to swallow for some Cowboys/Thunder fans, but it only gets tougher when he uses his clout to help the Cowboys’ division rival.
It’d be one thing if Durant just sent a quick tweet to free agent wide receiver DeSean Jackson, which he did.
But Durant went further.
“I’m gonna put it like this: Wale is a good friend of mine as well,” Jackson said. “He’s a good rapper, he does his thing out here in D.C., puts on for the city. It was a little influenced by Wale. Another influence was my boy Durant. Kevin Durant been calling me, he been calling and saying man you know how I’d go crazy for you to be in D.C. I mean, what better place is there for me to be? I’m happy to be here. I’m glad, man, honestly I can say that.”
Jackson ultimately signed with the Redskins, and if he helps Washington beat Dallas this fall, Cowboys fans will know whom to blame.
I suspect the ones living in Oklahoma, though, will forgive Durant.
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 9
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 25
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 2
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 21
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 99
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 11
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 78
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27