Apr 3, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Kevin Durant has won over Oklahoma City fans despite attending the University of Texas.
Now, he’s really pushing his luck in Dallas Cowboys country.
Durant, who was born in Washington D.C., is a Redskins fan. That’s surely a tough pill to swallow for some Cowboys/Thunder fans, but it only gets tougher when he uses his clout to help the Cowboys’ division rival.
It’d be one thing if Durant just sent a quick tweet to free agent wide receiver DeSean Jackson, which he did.
But Durant went further.
“I’m gonna put it like this: Wale is a good friend of mine as well,” Jackson said. “He’s a good rapper, he does his thing out here in D.C., puts on for the city. It was a little influenced by Wale. Another influence was my boy Durant. Kevin Durant been calling me, he been calling and saying man you know how I’d go crazy for you to be in D.C. I mean, what better place is there for me to be? I’m happy to be here. I’m glad, man, honestly I can say that.”
Jackson ultimately signed with the Redskins, and if he helps Washington beat Dallas this fall, Cowboys fans will know whom to blame.
I suspect the ones living in Oklahoma, though, will forgive Durant.
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 9
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 13
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6
- Rumor: LaMarcus Aldridge more likely to leave Trail Blazers in free agency than people realize 24
- PBT First-Round Playoff Previews: Chicago Bulls vs. Milwaukee Bucks 8
- PBT First-Round Playoff Previews: Houston Rockets vs. Dallas Mavericks 15