Apr 3, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Kevin Durant has won over Oklahoma City fans despite attending the University of Texas.
Now, he’s really pushing his luck in Dallas Cowboys country.
Durant, who was born in Washington D.C., is a Redskins fan. That’s surely a tough pill to swallow for some Cowboys/Thunder fans, but it only gets tougher when he uses his clout to help the Cowboys’ division rival.
It’d be one thing if Durant just sent a quick tweet to free agent wide receiver DeSean Jackson, which he did.
But Durant went further.
“I’m gonna put it like this: Wale is a good friend of mine as well,” Jackson said. “He’s a good rapper, he does his thing out here in D.C., puts on for the city. It was a little influenced by Wale. Another influence was my boy Durant. Kevin Durant been calling me, he been calling and saying man you know how I’d go crazy for you to be in D.C. I mean, what better place is there for me to be? I’m happy to be here. I’m glad, man, honestly I can say that.”
Jackson ultimately signed with the Redskins, and if he helps Washington beat Dallas this fall, Cowboys fans will know whom to blame.
I suspect the ones living in Oklahoma, though, will forgive Durant.
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 4
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 15
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 23
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29