Apr 3, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Kevin Durant has won over Oklahoma City fans despite attending the University of Texas.
Now, he’s really pushing his luck in Dallas Cowboys country.
Durant, who was born in Washington D.C., is a Redskins fan. That’s surely a tough pill to swallow for some Cowboys/Thunder fans, but it only gets tougher when he uses his clout to help the Cowboys’ division rival.
It’d be one thing if Durant just sent a quick tweet to free agent wide receiver DeSean Jackson, which he did.
But Durant went further.
“I’m gonna put it like this: Wale is a good friend of mine as well,” Jackson said. “He’s a good rapper, he does his thing out here in D.C., puts on for the city. It was a little influenced by Wale. Another influence was my boy Durant. Kevin Durant been calling me, he been calling and saying man you know how I’d go crazy for you to be in D.C. I mean, what better place is there for me to be? I’m happy to be here. I’m glad, man, honestly I can say that.”
Jackson ultimately signed with the Redskins, and if he helps Washington beat Dallas this fall, Cowboys fans will know whom to blame.
I suspect the ones living in Oklahoma, though, will forgive Durant.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 5
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 28
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 58
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 44