Apr 3, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Kevin Durant has won over Oklahoma City fans despite attending the University of Texas.
Now, he’s really pushing his luck in Dallas Cowboys country.
Durant, who was born in Washington D.C., is a Redskins fan. That’s surely a tough pill to swallow for some Cowboys/Thunder fans, but it only gets tougher when he uses his clout to help the Cowboys’ division rival.
It’d be one thing if Durant just sent a quick tweet to free agent wide receiver DeSean Jackson, which he did.
But Durant went further.
“I’m gonna put it like this: Wale is a good friend of mine as well,” Jackson said. “He’s a good rapper, he does his thing out here in D.C., puts on for the city. It was a little influenced by Wale. Another influence was my boy Durant. Kevin Durant been calling me, he been calling and saying man you know how I’d go crazy for you to be in D.C. I mean, what better place is there for me to be? I’m happy to be here. I’m glad, man, honestly I can say that.”
Jackson ultimately signed with the Redskins, and if he helps Washington beat Dallas this fall, Cowboys fans will know whom to blame.
I suspect the ones living in Oklahoma, though, will forgive Durant.
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 2
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winers start with Lakers 22
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10