Apr 2, 2014, 5:05 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Jordan Hill doesn’t want to return to the Lakers next season if Mike D’Antoni is still the coach. As a side note, Laker management isn’t going to work that hard to keep him.
• Speaking of the Lakers, Andrew Kamenetzky hits the nail on the head here — there is going to be a civil war next season between Lakers fans and Kobe Bryant fans. And make no mistake, those are two different groups just with some overlapping interests.
• Paul Flannery of SB Nation has a fantastic look at Doc Rivers and what he has brought to the Clippers. It is a must read.
• Speaking of great read’s the Boston Globe’s post on analytics in the NBA is something you should sit down with and check out.
• Andrew Kamenetzky hits the nail on the head here — there is going to be a civil war season between Lakers fans and Kobe Bryant fans. And make no mistake, those are two different groups just with some overlapping interests.
• Chris Hansen, the guy behind the Seattle bid to buy the Kings and move them to the Pacific Northwest, said he and his ownership group are still looking at NBA possibilities. Which is tough because the next team with a lease up that could be up and the team sold and moved is Milwaukee — and that is a couple of years away and the owner is working to find new local ownership.
• In case you missed it, Heat and Pacers fans got in a fight when the two teams played.
• Looking at the connection between an older roster and success in the NBA.
• John Salley says the New York Knicks will be in the NBA Finals next year. No pressure, Phil.
• If you want more of the Mark Jackson saga with Golden State, check this out. He is seriously coaching for his job right now.
• Damion James will reportedly sign a 10-day deal with the Spurs.
• The Spurs are trying hard to make “frogging” the new thing. I wish I were making that up.
• Anthony Davis was on the Pete Holmes Show:
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32