Apr 2, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
Stephen Curry is so dangerous late in games, and that is the first thing Kay Adams and I discuss in the latest edition of PBT Extra. There are other guys on the “don’t let him take the last shot” list — Kevin Durant, LeBron James, Damian Lillard, Joe Johnson (the later two have great clutch numbers) — but Curry is firmly in that list.
After that we talk about the Mavericks/Clippers matchup Thursday, which is a game Dallas needs — they need every game in this close playoff chase.
Then we discuss the big game this Thursday, the Spurs vs. Thunder showdown. The Thunder give the Spurs real trouble but unless the Thunder get healthy and get Thabo Sefalosha and others back this game leans San Antonio. (A playoff matchup could well be another matter.)
- LeBron’s 30-point performance leads Cavaliers to hard-fought Game 2 win over Celtics 6
- PBT Extra matchups to watch: Spurs look for ways to contain Chris Paul 5
- PBT Extra matchups to watch: Can Memphis keep Damian Lillard in check? 0
- Report: Suns’ Morris twins charged with aggravated assault 13
- Hawks’ Mike Budenholzer named 2014-15 NBA Coach of the Year 10
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 12
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 6
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 14