Apr 2, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
Stephen Curry is so dangerous late in games, and that is the first thing Kay Adams and I discuss in the latest edition of PBT Extra. There are other guys on the “don’t let him take the last shot” list — Kevin Durant, LeBron James, Damian Lillard, Joe Johnson (the later two have great clutch numbers) — but Curry is firmly in that list.
After that we talk about the Mavericks/Clippers matchup Thursday, which is a game Dallas needs — they need every game in this close playoff chase.
Then we discuss the big game this Thursday, the Spurs vs. Thunder showdown. The Thunder give the Spurs real trouble but unless the Thunder get healthy and get Thabo Sefalosha and others back this game leans San Antonio. (A playoff matchup could well be another matter.)
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 1
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 2
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 6
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 13
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 9
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 22
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43