Mar 31, 2014, 5:29 PM EDT
The Brooklyn Nets have been an amazing 12-4 since they lost Kevin Garnett to back spasms, they solidified themselves in the Eastern Conference playoff standings in his absence.
However Brooklyn’s defense has started to falter of late and the Nets will not last long in the postseason without KG.
So it’s a good thing they are getting him back soon, likely early next week.
Garnett, who has been suffering from back spasms, missed his 16th straight game Sunday night. He hopes to return Saturday against Philadelphia, April 8 at Miami or April 9 at Orlando.
Then her Newsday colleague Rod Boone tweeted this.
This is good news for Brooklyn, a team that has seen it’s defense falter some lately and needs its defensive quarterback back.
The Nets are currently the five seed and likely will either get Chicago (the current four seed) or Toronto (the three seed but with a tougher schedule down the stretch than Chicago) in the first round. Either of those would be pretty even series, but with Garnett and Andrei Kirilenko the Nets may well be favorites. This is a team that found its identity going small and since then has won a lot of games and could well advance to the second round of the playoffs if healthy.
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 0
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 7
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 53
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 64
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 9