Mar 30, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Earlier this season that became a social media campaign. Ebony Nettles-Bey is a high school basketball player battling Stage 4 cancer. She lives in Wisconsin and her favorite player is LeBron James. She wanted to meet him. Twitter tried to help.
Saturday the Heat were in Milwaukee to take on the Bucks and social media had done something good — LeBron met Nettles-Bey. In fact she led the Heat onto the court and warmed up with them.
Here is the Instagram evidence.
LeBron also gave her a pair of signed shoes.
As a parent (who fortunately has not had to deal with anything like this) it’s a story that makes me warm inside. To see a young woman going through what she is going through get to have this moment is the kind of thing that really matters in life, way more than the game we attach too much to at times.
Good on LeBron and the Heat for making this happen.
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 1
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 1
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 14
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10