Mar 30, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Earlier this season that became a social media campaign. Ebony Nettles-Bey is a high school basketball player battling Stage 4 cancer. She lives in Wisconsin and her favorite player is LeBron James. She wanted to meet him. Twitter tried to help.
Saturday the Heat were in Milwaukee to take on the Bucks and social media had done something good — LeBron met Nettles-Bey. In fact she led the Heat onto the court and warmed up with them.
Here is the Instagram evidence.
LeBron also gave her a pair of signed shoes.
As a parent (who fortunately has not had to deal with anything like this) it’s a story that makes me warm inside. To see a young woman going through what she is going through get to have this moment is the kind of thing that really matters in life, way more than the game we attach too much to at times.
Good on LeBron and the Heat for making this happen.
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 1
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 11
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 8
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 6
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9