Mar 30, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Earlier this season that became a social media campaign. Ebony Nettles-Bey is a high school basketball player battling Stage 4 cancer. She lives in Wisconsin and her favorite player is LeBron James. She wanted to meet him. Twitter tried to help.
Saturday the Heat were in Milwaukee to take on the Bucks and social media had done something good — LeBron met Nettles-Bey. In fact she led the Heat onto the court and warmed up with them.
Here is the Instagram evidence.
LeBron also gave her a pair of signed shoes.
As a parent (who fortunately has not had to deal with anything like this) it’s a story that makes me warm inside. To see a young woman going through what she is going through get to have this moment is the kind of thing that really matters in life, way more than the game we attach too much to at times.
Good on LeBron and the Heat for making this happen.
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36