Mar 30, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Earlier this season that became a social media campaign. Ebony Nettles-Bey is a high school basketball player battling Stage 4 cancer. She lives in Wisconsin and her favorite player is LeBron James. She wanted to meet him. Twitter tried to help.
Saturday the Heat were in Milwaukee to take on the Bucks and social media had done something good — LeBron met Nettles-Bey. In fact she led the Heat onto the court and warmed up with them.
Here is the Instagram evidence.
LeBron also gave her a pair of signed shoes.
As a parent (who fortunately has not had to deal with anything like this) it’s a story that makes me warm inside. To see a young woman going through what she is going through get to have this moment is the kind of thing that really matters in life, way more than the game we attach too much to at times.
Good on LeBron and the Heat for making this happen.
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 9
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 25
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 68
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 8
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36