Mar 28, 2014, 11:13 AM EDT
The good news for Brooklyn guard Jorge Gutierrez is he just got picked up for the rest of the season — the Nets had picked him up March 6 on a 10-day contract, gave him another one and now he is part of the team for the rest of the season on a minimum contract deal.
Which means he isn’t making that much money — $28,834 for each 10 day contract (before taxes). Which means this next sentence is a real blow to him.
Gutierrez has been fined $15,000 by the NBA League Office for “excessive contact above the shoulders” on a hard foul on Charlotte’s Cody Zeller.
In the play Gutierrez bought a pump fake and went up to block a Zeller shot then realized he was stuck so tried to come down and foul him, he just did it too hard and to the head. The league frowns on that. Gutierrez was ejected from the game for that foul.
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 6
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 10
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 35
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 23
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 63
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 72
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 22