Mar 28, 2014, 11:13 AM EDT
The good news for Brooklyn guard Jorge Gutierrez is he just got picked up for the rest of the season — the Nets had picked him up March 6 on a 10-day contract, gave him another one and now he is part of the team for the rest of the season on a minimum contract deal.
Which means he isn’t making that much money — $28,834 for each 10 day contract (before taxes). Which means this next sentence is a real blow to him.
Gutierrez has been fined $15,000 by the NBA League Office for “excessive contact above the shoulders” on a hard foul on Charlotte’s Cody Zeller.
In the play Gutierrez bought a pump fake and went up to block a Zeller shot then realized he was stuck so tried to come down and foul him, he just did it too hard and to the head. The league frowns on that. Gutierrez was ejected from the game for that foul.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 22
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 26
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4