Mar 28, 2014, 11:13 AM EDT
The good news for Brooklyn guard Jorge Gutierrez is he just got picked up for the rest of the season — the Nets had picked him up March 6 on a 10-day contract, gave him another one and now he is part of the team for the rest of the season on a minimum contract deal.
Which means he isn’t making that much money — $28,834 for each 10 day contract (before taxes). Which means this next sentence is a real blow to him.
Gutierrez has been fined $15,000 by the NBA League Office for “excessive contact above the shoulders” on a hard foul on Charlotte’s Cody Zeller.
In the play Gutierrez bought a pump fake and went up to block a Zeller shot then realized he was stuck so tried to come down and foul him, he just did it too hard and to the head. The league frowns on that. Gutierrez was ejected from the game for that foul.
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 1
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 8