Mar 28, 2014, 4:47 PM EDT
Hakeem Olajuwon was in Houston Thursday night to watch the Sixers make history. I guess he likes to watch bad basketball. Anyway, he signed a ball which was thrown into the crowd for one lucky fan.
That fan turned out to be former Major League baseball player Tuffy Rhodes (hat tip Deadspin) who then turns around and gives the ball to a child near him.
Awesome move. Note to all the adults who will leap over kids to grab a foul ball at baseball stadiums nationwide this year, that is how you should handle it.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 10
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 7
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 10
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 7
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 42
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4