Mar 28, 2014, 4:47 PM EDT
Hakeem Olajuwon was in Houston Thursday night to watch the Sixers make history. I guess he likes to watch bad basketball. Anyway, he signed a ball which was thrown into the crowd for one lucky fan.
That fan turned out to be former Major League baseball player Tuffy Rhodes (hat tip Deadspin) who then turns around and gives the ball to a child near him.
Awesome move. Note to all the adults who will leap over kids to grab a foul ball at baseball stadiums nationwide this year, that is how you should handle it.
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 13
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 32
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28