Mar 28, 2014, 10:27 AM EDT
When the Los Angeles Lakers flew to Milwaukee for Thursday’s game against the Bucks, Chris Kaman remained behind for personal reasons before getting on a commercial plane.
Kaman indeed started, scoring 13 points and grabbing four rebounds in Los Angeles’ loss to the Bucks.
Some players don’t need as much time to warm up as others. Surely, Kaman and Mike D’Antoni had a meaningful discussion to determine whether he could handle starting on such a strange schedule.
- Cavs GM: It’s “highly unlikely” Kevin Love returns at all in playoffs, even if Cavs make Finals 12
- No Kevin Love, no J.R. Smith to start, how much trouble is Cleveland in? 15
- PBT Extra: Who wins Game 5 between Spurs, Clippers? Flip a coin. 6
- PBT Extra: Rockets must adjust to new Mavericks starting lineup in Game 5 10
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 5
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 25
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 11
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2