Mar 20, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
Dwight Howard will sit Thursday night as the Rockets take on the Timberwolves in a game you will not watch because you really need UConn to beat St. Joseph to have a good first day in your office pool.
We knew he had an ankle issue that needed rest, but it was a little more than that tweets Adam Wexler of CSNHouston.com.
There is no need for Houston to rush him back for the Cleveland game. Sure, the Rockets need wins to make sure they stay a top four seed and have home court in the first round of the playoffs (Houston is currently the four seed, 1.5 games up on fifth seed Portland), but what they need more is to be healthy come the playoffs.
That said, this is nothing serious and he will be back soon.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 28
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18