Mar 20, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
Dwight Howard will sit Thursday night as the Rockets take on the Timberwolves in a game you will not watch because you really need UConn to beat St. Joseph to have a good first day in your office pool.
We knew he had an ankle issue that needed rest, but it was a little more than that tweets Adam Wexler of CSNHouston.com.
There is no need for Houston to rush him back for the Cleveland game. Sure, the Rockets need wins to make sure they stay a top four seed and have home court in the first round of the playoffs (Houston is currently the four seed, 1.5 games up on fifth seed Portland), but what they need more is to be healthy come the playoffs.
That said, this is nothing serious and he will be back soon.
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 0
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 4
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 15
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7