Mar 20, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
Dwight Howard will sit Thursday night as the Rockets take on the Timberwolves in a game you will not watch because you really need UConn to beat St. Joseph to have a good first day in your office pool.
We knew he had an ankle issue that needed rest, but it was a little more than that tweets Adam Wexler of CSNHouston.com.
There is no need for Houston to rush him back for the Cleveland game. Sure, the Rockets need wins to make sure they stay a top four seed and have home court in the first round of the playoffs (Houston is currently the four seed, 1.5 games up on fifth seed Portland), but what they need more is to be healthy come the playoffs.
That said, this is nothing serious and he will be back soon.
- Ginobili, Duncan, Popovich dance around questions about Spurs’ future 2
- Reports: Stephen Curry to be named MVP Monday 29
- Hawks start hot, finish cold, Wizards take Game 1 on road 104-98. 7
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Preview: Washington Wizards vs. Atlanta Hawks 4
- Adjusting for playoff rotations round two: Watch out for the Wizards 2
- Hobbled Chris Paul, Clippers’ role players do just enough to dethrone Spurs in Game 7 20
- Chris Paul banks in game winner to lift Clippers past Spurs (VIDEO) 28
- Report: Bulls’ Mike Dunleavy won’t be suspended for Game 1 against Cavaliers 22