Mar 20, 2014, 1:45 PM EST
Dwight Howard will sit Thursday night as the Rockets take on the Timberwolves in a game you will not watch because you really need UConn to beat St. Joseph to have a good first day in your office pool.
We knew he had an ankle issue that needed rest, but it was a little more than that tweets Adam Wexler of CSNHouston.com.
There is no need for Houston to rush him back for the Cleveland game. Sure, the Rockets need wins to make sure they stay a top four seed and have home court in the first round of the playoffs (Houston is currently the four seed, 1.5 games up on fifth seed Portland), but what they need more is to be healthy come the playoffs.
That said, this is nothing serious and he will be back soon.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 4
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11