Mar 20, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
Dwight Howard will sit Thursday night as the Rockets take on the Timberwolves in a game you will not watch because you really need UConn to beat St. Joseph to have a good first day in your office pool.
We knew he had an ankle issue that needed rest, but it was a little more than that tweets Adam Wexler of CSNHouston.com.
There is no need for Houston to rush him back for the Cleveland game. Sure, the Rockets need wins to make sure they stay a top four seed and have home court in the first round of the playoffs (Houston is currently the four seed, 1.5 games up on fifth seed Portland), but what they need more is to be healthy come the playoffs.
That said, this is nothing serious and he will be back soon.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 16
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9