Mar 17, 2014, 9:15 AM EDT
But there’s no doubt, if the draft were re-done, Anthony Davis would remain the No. 1 pick.
Days like Sunday just serve as a reminder why. Here’s a look inside Davis’ historic game:
- 40 – Points Davis scored in the New Orleans Pelicans’ 121-120 overtime win over the Boston Celtics
- 21 – Rebounds Davis grabbed in the game
- 1 – 40-20 games in Pelicans’ franchise history, dating backing to Charlotte
- 2 – 40-20 games NBA-wide in the last 10 years. Dwight Howard had one in 2012.
- 21 – Davis’ age, making him the youngest player with a 40-20 game since Shaquille O’Neal did it at 20 in 1993
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 20
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 67
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8