Mar 17, 2014, 9:15 AM EDT
But there’s no doubt, if the draft were re-done, Anthony Davis would remain the No. 1 pick.
Days like Sunday just serve as a reminder why. Here’s a look inside Davis’ historic game:
- 40 – Points Davis scored in the New Orleans Pelicans’ 121-120 overtime win over the Boston Celtics
- 21 – Rebounds Davis grabbed in the game
- 1 – 40-20 games in Pelicans’ franchise history, dating backing to Charlotte
- 2 – 40-20 games NBA-wide in the last 10 years. Dwight Howard had one in 2012.
- 21 – Davis’ age, making him the youngest player with a 40-20 game since Shaquille O’Neal did it at 20 in 1993
- Hobbled Chris Paul, Clippers’ role players do just enough to dethrone Spurs in Game 7 8
- Chris Paul banks in game winner to lift Clippers past Spurs (VIDEO) 24
- PBT Extra: Can Clippers build on Game 6 win? 2
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Derrick Rose got it done on both ends in first round 2
- Hawks eliminate Nets from playoffs with blowout victory in Game 6 9
- PBT Extra: Clash of styles favors Warriors over Grizzlies 4
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Previews: Golden State Warriors vs. Memphis Grizzlies 3
- PBT Extra: Bulls have shot to upset Cavaliers 16