Mar 17, 2014, 9:15 AM EDT
But there’s no doubt, if the draft were re-done, Anthony Davis would remain the No. 1 pick.
Days like Sunday just serve as a reminder why. Here’s a look inside Davis’ historic game:
- 40 – Points Davis scored in the New Orleans Pelicans’ 121-120 overtime win over the Boston Celtics
- 21 – Rebounds Davis grabbed in the game
- 1 – 40-20 games in Pelicans’ franchise history, dating backing to Charlotte
- 2 – 40-20 games NBA-wide in the last 10 years. Dwight Howard had one in 2012.
- 21 – Davis’ age, making him the youngest player with a 40-20 game since Shaquille O’Neal did it at 20 in 1993
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 3
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 22
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 78
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 57
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19