Mar 9, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
This is a far cry from Chris Paul to DeAndre Jordan, but it’s as close as the Knicks are likely to get.
J.R. Smith leads the break late in the second quarter, and tosses it off the backboard for a trailing Amar’e Stoudemire. In the old days, Amar’e would have hammered this one home with nearly as much force as the Clippers’ big man, but this time, he simply was able to lay it in.
Don’t look now, but the Knicks have won three straight and the teams that surround them in the standings all seem to be in a free fall of sorts. New York is just three and a half games out of the final playoff spot in the East, held by Atlanta at the moment who is currently on a six-game losing streak.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 15
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 40
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19