Mar 9, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
J.R. Smith leads the break late in the second quarter, and tosses it off the backboard for a trailing Amar’e Stoudemire. In the old days, Amar’e would have hammered this one home with nearly as much force as the Clippers’ big man, but this time, he simply was able to lay it in.
Don’t look now, but the Knicks have won three straight and the teams that surround them in the standings all seem to be in a free fall of sorts. New York is just three and a half games out of the final playoff spot in the East, held by Atlanta at the moment who is currently on a six-game losing streak.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 22
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49