Mar 9, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
J.R. Smith leads the break late in the second quarter, and tosses it off the backboard for a trailing Amar’e Stoudemire. In the old days, Amar’e would have hammered this one home with nearly as much force as the Clippers’ big man, but this time, he simply was able to lay it in.
Don’t look now, but the Knicks have won three straight and the teams that surround them in the standings all seem to be in a free fall of sorts. New York is just three and a half games out of the final playoff spot in the East, held by Atlanta at the moment who is currently on a six-game losing streak.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 15
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 8
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 43
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4