Dec 20, 2013, 8:44 AM EDT
In the NBA, guys often have good friends on the opposing team — guys they played with in AAU or college, guys who share an agent, guys they work out with in the summer. There is a camaraderie.
Thursday night after the Thunder dispatched the undermanned Bulls, OKC’s Thabo Sefalosha (who used to play in Chicago) went over to the Bulls locker room, saw old friends, then invited Joakim Noah back over to the Thunder locker room for a spell.
Perkins took exception to Noah in the locker room and there was a brief exchange. Here is a transcript via Anthony Slater of the Oklahoman.
Was interviewing Thabo during Noah/Perk locker room argument. Here’s exactly what was said: pic.twitter.com/QPlkC0QlX5
— Anthony Slater (@anthonyVslater) December 20, 2013
Bulls’ security guided Noah to the team bus. Aggrey Sam of CSNChicago added this:
This is part of why Scott Brooks and the Thunder management like having Perkins around — he has a ring, he sets a tone in the locker room they would like some of their young guys to follow. Frankly Noah sets that tone for the Bulls on the court.
Will be interesting to see these two go at it though March 17 in Chicago.
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 3
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 9
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15