Dec 20, 2013, 8:44 AM EDT
In the NBA, guys often have good friends on the opposing team — guys they played with in AAU or college, guys who share an agent, guys they work out with in the summer. There is a camaraderie.
Thursday night after the Thunder dispatched the undermanned Bulls, OKC’s Thabo Sefalosha (who used to play in Chicago) went over to the Bulls locker room, saw old friends, then invited Joakim Noah back over to the Thunder locker room for a spell.
Perkins took exception to Noah in the locker room and there was a brief exchange. Here is a transcript via Anthony Slater of the Oklahoman.
Was interviewing Thabo during Noah/Perk locker room argument. Here’s exactly what was said: pic.twitter.com/QPlkC0QlX5
— Anthony Slater (@anthonyVslater) December 20, 2013
Bulls’ security guided Noah to the team bus. Aggrey Sam of CSNChicago added this:
This is part of why Scott Brooks and the Thunder management like having Perkins around — he has a ring, he sets a tone in the locker room they would like some of their young guys to follow. Frankly Noah sets that tone for the Bulls on the court.
Will be interesting to see these two go at it though March 17 in Chicago.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 0
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 17
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49