Dec 20, 2013, 8:44 AM EST
In the NBA, guys often have good friends on the opposing team — guys they played with in AAU or college, guys who share an agent, guys they work out with in the summer. There is a camaraderie.
Thursday night after the Thunder dispatched the undermanned Bulls, OKC’s Thabo Sefalosha (who used to play in Chicago) went over to the Bulls locker room, saw old friends, then invited Joakim Noah back over to the Thunder locker room for a spell.
Perkins took exception to Noah in the locker room and there was a brief exchange. Here is a transcript via Anthony Slater of the Oklahoman.
Was interviewing Thabo during Noah/Perk locker room argument. Here’s exactly what was said: pic.twitter.com/QPlkC0QlX5
— Anthony Slater (@anthonyVslater) December 20, 2013
Bulls’ security guided Noah to the team bus. Aggrey Sam of CSNChicago added this:
This is part of why Scott Brooks and the Thunder management like having Perkins around — he has a ring, he sets a tone in the locker room they would like some of their young guys to follow. Frankly Noah sets that tone for the Bulls on the court.
Will be interesting to see these two go at it though March 17 in Chicago.
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 1
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 1
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 17
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 13
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6