Dec 20, 2013, 8:44 AM EDT
In the NBA, guys often have good friends on the opposing team — guys they played with in AAU or college, guys who share an agent, guys they work out with in the summer. There is a camaraderie.
Thursday night after the Thunder dispatched the undermanned Bulls, OKC’s Thabo Sefalosha (who used to play in Chicago) went over to the Bulls locker room, saw old friends, then invited Joakim Noah back over to the Thunder locker room for a spell.
Perkins took exception to Noah in the locker room and there was a brief exchange. Here is a transcript via Anthony Slater of the Oklahoman.
Was interviewing Thabo during Noah/Perk locker room argument. Here’s exactly what was said: pic.twitter.com/QPlkC0QlX5
— Anthony Slater (@anthonyVslater) December 20, 2013
Bulls’ security guided Noah to the team bus. Aggrey Sam of CSNChicago added this:
This is part of why Scott Brooks and the Thunder management like having Perkins around — he has a ring, he sets a tone in the locker room they would like some of their young guys to follow. Frankly Noah sets that tone for the Bulls on the court.
Will be interesting to see these two go at it though March 17 in Chicago.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 11
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48