Oct 13, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
DeAndre Jordan is going to be possibly the most important player for the Clippers this season. Doc Rivers has already tabbed him as being part of the team’s so-called Big Three along with Blake Griffin and Chris Paul, and Rivers has been grooming Jordan to use his athleticism to anchor the defense much in the same way that Kevin Garnett was able to in Boston during the Celtics’ recent run of success.
Some of that trademark athleticism was on display on the offensive end of the floor during the Clippers’ preseason contest against the Jazz, as Jordan leaked out on the break, received the pass in transition and found the rim without putting the ball on the floor before delivering the powerful finish.
Jordan finished 6-of-7 from the field with 14 points, seven rebounds and six blocked shots.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 12
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 21
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14