Oct 13, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
DeAndre Jordan is going to be possibly the most important player for the Clippers this season. Doc Rivers has already tabbed him as being part of the team’s so-called Big Three along with Blake Griffin and Chris Paul, and Rivers has been grooming Jordan to use his athleticism to anchor the defense much in the same way that Kevin Garnett was able to in Boston during the Celtics’ recent run of success.
Some of that trademark athleticism was on display on the offensive end of the floor during the Clippers’ preseason contest against the Jazz, as Jordan leaked out on the break, received the pass in transition and found the rim without putting the ball on the floor before delivering the powerful finish.
Jordan finished 6-of-7 from the field with 14 points, seven rebounds and six blocked shots.
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 0
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 10
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 9
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 6
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 38
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 6
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 15