Oct 13, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
DeAndre Jordan is going to be possibly the most important player for the Clippers this season. Doc Rivers has already tabbed him as being part of the team’s so-called Big Three along with Blake Griffin and Chris Paul, and Rivers has been grooming Jordan to use his athleticism to anchor the defense much in the same way that Kevin Garnett was able to in Boston during the Celtics’ recent run of success.
Some of that trademark athleticism was on display on the offensive end of the floor during the Clippers’ preseason contest against the Jazz, as Jordan leaked out on the break, received the pass in transition and found the rim without putting the ball on the floor before delivering the powerful finish.
Jordan finished 6-of-7 from the field with 14 points, seven rebounds and six blocked shots.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 7
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 8
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 42
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11