Oct 13, 2013, 9:30 AM EST
DeAndre Jordan is going to be possibly the most important player for the Clippers this season. Doc Rivers has already tabbed him as being part of the team’s so-called Big Three along with Blake Griffin and Chris Paul, and Rivers has been grooming Jordan to use his athleticism to anchor the defense much in the same way that Kevin Garnett was able to in Boston during the Celtics’ recent run of success.
Some of that trademark athleticism was on display on the offensive end of the floor during the Clippers’ preseason contest against the Jazz, as Jordan leaked out on the break, received the pass in transition and found the rim without putting the ball on the floor before delivering the powerful finish.
Jordan finished 6-of-7 from the field with 14 points, seven rebounds and six blocked shots.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 16
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 4
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11