Sep 21, 2013, 9:30 PM EDT
Considering the age and injury history of the Brooklyn Nets starting five this season, managing minutes and injuries should rank pretty high on the list of priorities for head coach Jason Kidd. Even though there may be some concerns heading into training camp about Deron Williams‘ ankle or the minutes racking up for Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett and Joe Johnson, the Nets have a good chance at starting the season with a clean bill of health.
Foot surgeries can be scary for men of an extremely large nature (ask Zydrunas Ilgauskas), but it sounds like everything is right where it belongs in Brook Lopez‘s right foot.
#Nets C Brook Lopez, who had a screw replaced in his surgically-repaired right foot over the summer, says he’s 100% healthy, ready for camp.
— Ian Begley (@IanBegley) September 21, 2013
That’s some great news for the Nets. Although the regular season feels like nothing more than a formality for such a talented team, this group could use as much time on the floor together as possible, especially with a new system and coach in place.
Lopez built a lot of momentum last year after putting together his best season yet, and so long as he can stay 100 percent healthy as he says he is now, the Nets have a shot at hanging with just about anyone in a seven-game series.
It’s a long road to the postseason, but it sounds like Lopez will be starting off on the right foot. Sorry. I’ll see myself out.
- Bugs Bunny teases the Jordan XXX in interview with Ahmad Rashad (VIDEO) 1
- Report: LeBron James calls the plays, Cavaliers coach David Blatt repeats them to team 50
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 14
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13