Sep 17, 2013, 8:59 PM EDT
Back in the summer of 2010, then Maverick Jason Terry got the Larry O’Brien trophy tattooed on his arm… and we all laughed. Dallas was a good team but a whole lot of things needed to break their way to win the title.
Pretty much everything broke their way and a Dallas team that melded at just the right time won the title.
So when he went to Boston last season, Terry got a new Celtics tattoo and… not quite the same result.
A couple more trades and Jason Terry is going to have to go with the Chris Andersen neck tattoo to fit all his teams in.
Is it superstitious to get one? Sure. But the last time he got one on a team like the Nets — a team with a talent that needs a lot of things to go its way — he got a ring. So why not.
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 20
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 16
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 24
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10