Sep 17, 2013, 8:59 PM EDT
Back in the summer of 2010, then Maverick Jason Terry got the Larry O’Brien trophy tattooed on his arm… and we all laughed. Dallas was a good team but a whole lot of things needed to break their way to win the title.
Pretty much everything broke their way and a Dallas team that melded at just the right time won the title.
So when he went to Boston last season, Terry got a new Celtics tattoo and… not quite the same result.
A couple more trades and Jason Terry is going to have to go with the Chris Andersen neck tattoo to fit all his teams in.
Is it superstitious to get one? Sure. But the last time he got one on a team like the Nets — a team with a talent that needs a lot of things to go its way — he got a ring. So why not.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 0
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 3
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 27
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 4
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 9
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron got his shots despite good Celtics defense 3
- PBT Extra: For how long should J.R. Smith be suspended? 34
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 32