Sep 16, 2013, 5:14 PM EST
Rajon Rondo could be leaving Nike for Chinese shoe company Anta.
Rajon Rondo has rehabilitated quietly from his torn right anterior cruciate ligament, but could make headlines off the court by potentially changing shoe companies from Nike to Anta, the Chinese company that nabbed former Celtic Kevin Garnett a few years ago.
This rumor has been floating around for a week or so now, but it seems to be gaining credence.
If true, this would be a great get for Anta. Rondo may not be a more recognizable name nationally than KG, but guards/wings are who sell shoes (for the most part). Plus, Garnett has one or two more seasons, Rondo is just 27.
What does Rondo get out of it? His own line of shoes and to be the face of the company. No, Nike never made a Rondo line. That said, I think Nike will be just fine.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 0
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 19
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18