Sep 16, 2013, 5:14 PM EDT
Rajon Rondo could be leaving Nike for Chinese shoe company Anta.
Rajon Rondo has rehabilitated quietly from his torn right anterior cruciate ligament, but could make headlines off the court by potentially changing shoe companies from Nike to Anta, the Chinese company that nabbed former Celtic Kevin Garnett a few years ago.
This rumor has been floating around for a week or so now, but it seems to be gaining credence.
If true, this would be a great get for Anta. Rondo may not be a more recognizable name nationally than KG, but guards/wings are who sell shoes (for the most part). Plus, Garnett has one or two more seasons, Rondo is just 27.
What does Rondo get out of it? His own line of shoes and to be the face of the company. No, Nike never made a Rondo line. That said, I think Nike will be just fine.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 22
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 24
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8