Sep 16, 2013, 5:14 PM EDT
Rajon Rondo could be leaving Nike for Chinese shoe company Anta.
Rajon Rondo has rehabilitated quietly from his torn right anterior cruciate ligament, but could make headlines off the court by potentially changing shoe companies from Nike to Anta, the Chinese company that nabbed former Celtic Kevin Garnett a few years ago.
This rumor has been floating around for a week or so now, but it seems to be gaining credence.
If true, this would be a great get for Anta. Rondo may not be a more recognizable name nationally than KG, but guards/wings are who sell shoes (for the most part). Plus, Garnett has one or two more seasons, Rondo is just 27.
What does Rondo get out of it? His own line of shoes and to be the face of the company. No, Nike never made a Rondo line. That said, I think Nike will be just fine.
- Hawks’ Mike Budenholzer named 2014-15 NBA Coach of the Year 8
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 12
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 6
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 14
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 6
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 40
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1