Sep 16, 2013, 5:14 PM EDT
Rajon Rondo could be leaving Nike for Chinese shoe company Anta.
Rajon Rondo has rehabilitated quietly from his torn right anterior cruciate ligament, but could make headlines off the court by potentially changing shoe companies from Nike to Anta, the Chinese company that nabbed former Celtic Kevin Garnett a few years ago.
This rumor has been floating around for a week or so now, but it seems to be gaining credence.
If true, this would be a great get for Anta. Rondo may not be a more recognizable name nationally than KG, but guards/wings are who sell shoes (for the most part). Plus, Garnett has one or two more seasons, Rondo is just 27.
What does Rondo get out of it? His own line of shoes and to be the face of the company. No, Nike never made a Rondo line. That said, I think Nike will be just fine.
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 1
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 1
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 5
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 13
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 9
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 22
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43