Sep 3, 2010, 3:48 PM EST
Now is the time of year when NBA players are working hard on their conditioning and their game. Training camps open in just a little more than three weeks and players want to come in close to game conditioning.
Chase Budinger is going to miss that target in Houston.
That’s not ideal but not that big a deal. Budinger should be ready to go and able to resume conditioning right about the start of camp. Better to let it rest and fully recover now than have it linger.
Budinger is going to play key minutes and an increasing role for a Rockets team, providing some scoring punch on the wing behind Shane Battier. Budinger’s explosiveness is what makes his game. So sprained ankles are not ideal, but it could have been much worse.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 17
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 4
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11