Sep 3, 2010, 3:48 PM EDT
Now is the time of year when NBA players are working hard on their conditioning and their game. Training camps open in just a little more than three weeks and players want to come in close to game conditioning.
Chase Budinger is going to miss that target in Houston.
That’s not ideal but not that big a deal. Budinger should be ready to go and able to resume conditioning right about the start of camp. Better to let it rest and fully recover now than have it linger.
Budinger is going to play key minutes and an increasing role for a Rockets team, providing some scoring punch on the wing behind Shane Battier. Budinger’s explosiveness is what makes his game. So sprained ankles are not ideal, but it could have been much worse.
- Klay Thompson should not have been allowed to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 0
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 13
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 10
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 45
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 23
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 12
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 63
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 73