Aug 25, 2010, 12:00 PM EDT
This is video of Yao Ming working out yesterday, the first of his public workouts (hat tip to Trey Kerby at Ball Don’t Lie). He is still tall and still has a deft touch. That is Chuck Hayes talking smack by the way.
The question about Yao is can he stay healthy this season. Good question. But Jerome Solomon of the Houston Chronicle reminds us that Zydrunas Ilgauskas had this same surgery, missed a season, and came back to play the next seven years in the NBA without missing one game due to foot injuries (and no more than four games in any year). It can happen. And if he is healthy, the Rockets are a threat to the Lakers in the West.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 64
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20