Aug 25, 2010, 12:00 PM EDT
This is video of Yao Ming working out yesterday, the first of his public workouts (hat tip to Trey Kerby at Ball Don’t Lie). He is still tall and still has a deft touch. That is Chuck Hayes talking smack by the way.
The question about Yao is can he stay healthy this season. Good question. But Jerome Solomon of the Houston Chronicle reminds us that Zydrunas Ilgauskas had this same surgery, missed a season, and came back to play the next seven years in the NBA without missing one game due to foot injuries (and no more than four games in any year). It can happen. And if he is healthy, the Rockets are a threat to the Lakers in the West.
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 14
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 51
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 59
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 9
- Who is left on the board after wild first day of NBA free agency? 30
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 19
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 55
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 3