Aug 25, 2010, 12:00 PM EDT
This is video of Yao Ming working out yesterday, the first of his public workouts (hat tip to Trey Kerby at Ball Don’t Lie). He is still tall and still has a deft touch. That is Chuck Hayes talking smack by the way.
The question about Yao is can he stay healthy this season. Good question. But Jerome Solomon of the Houston Chronicle reminds us that Zydrunas Ilgauskas had this same surgery, missed a season, and came back to play the next seven years in the NBA without missing one game due to foot injuries (and no more than four games in any year). It can happen. And if he is healthy, the Rockets are a threat to the Lakers in the West.
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 12
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 8
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24