Skip to content

Mike Malone

  1. Report: Mike Malone reaches deal to become Kings’ coach

    May 30, 2013, 10:02 PM EDT

    Mike Malone Warriors

    It’s good to have an owner that wants you. As we told you this morning saying this could happen, new Sacramento Kings owner Vivek Ranadive was a minority owner of the Golden State Warriors and got to know much sought after assistant coach Mike Malone that way (Malone had come to the Bay Area after…

  2. Report: New Kings owner eyes Mike Malone as coach

    May 25, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT

    Mike Malone Warriors

    Golden State’s Mike Malone has been in the group with Brian Shaw and Mike Budenholzer the past few years — top assistant coaches that get interviews but have yet to land in the big chair. That could be about to change for Malone — it’s a good thing when the owner wants you. And the…

  3. Shaw, Malone both pull out of Magic coaching search

    Jul 15, 2012, 6:10 PM EDT

    Brian Shaw

    It looks more and more like the rumor that Jacque Vaughn is the frontrunner for the Magic head coaching job is a lot more realty than gossip. Both Brian Shaw and Mike Malone — the first two guys interviewed for the job — have pulled their names out of consideration. Shaw, the former Phil Jackson…

  4. Report: Spurs assistant Vaughn frontrunner to be Magic coach

    Jul 13, 2012, 11:49 AM EDT

    Jaque Vaughn

    You know who Brian Shaw is, the former right hand man to Phil Jackson. You may have heard of Mike Malone, the current Warriors assistant who has been on top of the assistant coaching tree for a couple years now. But former NBA player Jacque Vaughn may be beating them both out for the open…

  5. Hornacek enters Orlando coaching search, six in picture now

    Jul 10, 2012, 9:50 AM EDT

    Jeff Hornacek

    The Orlando Magic coaching job is about to change dramatically. It’s about to be a young team and finding a coach who can develop and grow with a team that is not going to win a lot of games next season after Dwight Howard is traded. Eventually. So, how about Jeff Hornacek for that? Hornacek…

  6. Reports: Magic start interviews for head coach; keep Redick

    Jul 5, 2012, 6:04 PM EDT

    Orlando Magic v Indiana Pacers - Game Two

    Magic general manager Rob Hennigan is not just sitting in his office dealing with Dwight Howard trade scenarios. Okay, that’s probably 90 percent of his day. But there is the other 10 percent, and he’s getting stuff done on that front. First, he will pick up the $6 million option to bring J.J. Redick back…

  7. Blazers GM promises “exhaustive” search for new head coach

    Jun 19, 2012, 7:30 AM EDT

    trail blazers logo

    When he first took the job, new Trail Blazers general manager Neil Olshey called interim Portland coach Kaleb Canales the “in-house favorite” for the job. That was just Olshey being polite. The reality is the search is wide open and Canales should be polishing his resume. Here is what Olshey told the Columbian. Olshey didn’t…

  8. Report: Brian Shaw to interview with Bobcats this week

    May 28, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT

    Brian Shaw

    This was expected once the Pacers were eliminated from the playoffs. Pacers lead assistant coach and former Phil Jackson right hand man Brian Shaw is going to interview for the Charlotte Bobcats coaching job this week, reports ESPN. They also plan to meet with Lakers assistant Quin Snyder in Chicago before the NBA pre-draft camp…

  9. Mike Brown looking to get the old band back together in Los Angeles

    Jun 6, 2011, 10:03 PM EDT

    Los Angeles Lakers Introduce Mike Brown

    According to the ultra-reliable Marc Stein of ESPN.com, former Cleveland assistant coach and current New Orleans assistant coach Mike Malone was scheduled to meet with new Lakers head coach Mike Brown today. According to Stein, Brown also wants the recently fired Jon Kuester to join his staff as an assistant coach. When the Cavaliers won…

Featured video

Will LeBron get booed Christmas Day in Miami?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
  1. K. Love (3769)
  2. D. Rose (3738)
  3. T. Young (2662)
  4. L. James (2608)
  5. K. Bryant (2579)
  1. K. Irving (2512)
  2. E. Bledsoe (2056)
  3. G. Hayward (2047)
  4. A. Davis (1939)
  5. R. Allen (1829)