Celtics Lakers Game 1
Jun 4, 2010, 11:30 AM EST
Even if the Laker lead in Game 1 never got completely out of hand, there’s no question that Los Angeles was in control. L.A. was in sync both offensively and defensively, and their offensive balance and defensive resistance offered the Celtics a challenge they’ve rarely faced in these playoffs. It was a bit odd to…
Jun 4, 2010, 9:30 AM EST
Sure, Kobe put up 30 on the Celtics. But he was doing it at both ends. Don’t take my word for it, ask Tony Allen.
NBA finals, Lakers Celtics Game One: Who are these guys in green and what did they do with the real Celtics?
Jun 4, 2010, 1:55 AM EST
The Celtics were angry when they went in the locker room. John McEnroe angry. That’s not the norm for a veteran team, and it was not at all like the Celtics team that has marched through the playoffs. But they didn’t play like those Celtics, either. These Celtics were pissed. Not with the referees (well,…
Jun 3, 2010, 8:11 PM EST
Wow, that was just useless. Doc Rivers and Phil Jackson said almost nothing of interest in their pregame press conferences. Rivers lasted just longer than two minutes. Apparently even the media is sick of talking about this game. Phil Jackson had one good line, when asked about NBA TV analyst and former Minnesota Timberwolves General…
Jun 3, 2010, 4:50 PM EST
Phil Jackson things winning Game 1 is important. Shocking. As for the players, they don’t care so much about the rivalry, they care about the ring.
Jun 3, 2010, 12:50 PM EST
We checked in with Hawkeye over at the 4077 and here is the Celtics M*A*S*H* Unit report: Rasheed Wallace has practiced with the team and is ready to go, he is expected so play tonight. It’s important, not only because the Celtics could use his shooting coming off the bench tonight, but because later in…
May 29, 2010, 12:24 AM EST
And lo, I saw green horse, and on them green riders, and their names were the Celtics. And hell followed with them. The Boston Celtics are returning to the NBA finals with a defense of the fiercest machinations, led by veteran stars who are still quite capable of eviscerating a defense. After dispatching the Magic…
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 13
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 12
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29