Celtics Lakers Game 1
Jun 4, 2010, 11:30 AM EDT
Even if the Laker lead in Game 1 never got completely out of hand, there’s no question that Los Angeles was in control. L.A. was in sync both offensively and defensively, and their offensive balance and defensive resistance offered the Celtics a challenge they’ve rarely faced in these playoffs. It was a bit odd to…
Jun 4, 2010, 9:30 AM EDT
Sure, Kobe put up 30 on the Celtics. But he was doing it at both ends. Don’t take my word for it, ask Tony Allen.
NBA finals, Lakers Celtics Game One: Who are these guys in green and what did they do with the real Celtics?
Jun 4, 2010, 1:55 AM EDT
The Celtics were angry when they went in the locker room. John McEnroe angry. That’s not the norm for a veteran team, and it was not at all like the Celtics team that has marched through the playoffs. But they didn’t play like those Celtics, either. These Celtics were pissed. Not with the referees (well,…
Jun 3, 2010, 8:11 PM EDT
Wow, that was just useless. Doc Rivers and Phil Jackson said almost nothing of interest in their pregame press conferences. Rivers lasted just longer than two minutes. Apparently even the media is sick of talking about this game. Phil Jackson had one good line, when asked about NBA TV analyst and former Minnesota Timberwolves General…
Jun 3, 2010, 4:50 PM EDT
Phil Jackson things winning Game 1 is important. Shocking. As for the players, they don’t care so much about the rivalry, they care about the ring.
Jun 3, 2010, 12:50 PM EDT
We checked in with Hawkeye over at the 4077 and here is the Celtics M*A*S*H* Unit report: Rasheed Wallace has practiced with the team and is ready to go, he is expected so play tonight. It’s important, not only because the Celtics could use his shooting coming off the bench tonight, but because later in…
May 29, 2010, 12:24 AM EDT
And lo, I saw green horse, and on them green riders, and their names were the Celtics. And hell followed with them. The Boston Celtics are returning to the NBA finals with a defense of the fiercest machinations, led by veteran stars who are still quite capable of eviscerating a defense. After dispatching the Magic…
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 0
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 56
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 26
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 43
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 17
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 19
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 36