Celtics Lakers Game 1
Jun 4, 2010, 11:30 AM EST
Even if the Laker lead in Game 1 never got completely out of hand, there’s no question that Los Angeles was in control. L.A. was in sync both offensively and defensively, and their offensive balance and defensive resistance offered the Celtics a challenge they’ve rarely faced in these playoffs. It was a bit odd to…
Jun 4, 2010, 9:30 AM EST
Sure, Kobe put up 30 on the Celtics. But he was doing it at both ends. Don’t take my word for it, ask Tony Allen.
NBA finals, Lakers Celtics Game One: Who are these guys in green and what did they do with the real Celtics?
Jun 4, 2010, 1:55 AM EST
The Celtics were angry when they went in the locker room. John McEnroe angry. That’s not the norm for a veteran team, and it was not at all like the Celtics team that has marched through the playoffs. But they didn’t play like those Celtics, either. These Celtics were pissed. Not with the referees (well,…
Jun 3, 2010, 8:11 PM EST
Wow, that was just useless. Doc Rivers and Phil Jackson said almost nothing of interest in their pregame press conferences. Rivers lasted just longer than two minutes. Apparently even the media is sick of talking about this game. Phil Jackson had one good line, when asked about NBA TV analyst and former Minnesota Timberwolves General…
Jun 3, 2010, 4:50 PM EST
Phil Jackson things winning Game 1 is important. Shocking. As for the players, they don’t care so much about the rivalry, they care about the ring.
Jun 3, 2010, 12:50 PM EST
We checked in with Hawkeye over at the 4077 and here is the Celtics M*A*S*H* Unit report: Rasheed Wallace has practiced with the team and is ready to go, he is expected so play tonight. It’s important, not only because the Celtics could use his shooting coming off the bench tonight, but because later in…
May 29, 2010, 12:24 AM EST
And lo, I saw green horse, and on them green riders, and their names were the Celtics. And hell followed with them. The Boston Celtics are returning to the NBA finals with a defense of the fiercest machinations, led by veteran stars who are still quite capable of eviscerating a defense. After dispatching the Magic…
- Lakers may give Kobe Bryant some nights off to rest. If he wants them. 0
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 3
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 7
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 19
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18