Sep 5, 2014, 8:44 AM EST
After all the no-shows and injuries on paper Team USA looked like a perimeter-based team heading into the World Cup. Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried had another idea — they tore it up for Team USA in group play. Through five games Davis has led the Americans with 15.8 points a game on 62 percent shooting. Faried was a ball of energy averaging 13.8 points a game on 79 percent shooting, plus pulled down 7.8 rebounds a night.
What they have done better than anything else is just relentlessly run the floor.
That included against the Ukraine when both made big plays. Above Davis not only made the steal but took it the length and finished it.
Below Faried ran the floor in transition, took the pass and finished with authority.
Spain thought they would own the front court against the USA in their expected eventual gold medal meeting. That may not be the case.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 8
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 11
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 32
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10