Sep 4, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
The Wizards hired Roy Rogers, but they still needed someone to work with their young and talented guards, John Wall and Bradley Beal.
So, Washington turned to the team that just hired Cassell.
The Washington Wizards are hiring former Los Angeles Clippers assistant coach Howard Eisley to their staff, according to league sources.
Eisley, another former point guard, carved out quite a career after being a second-round pick. He played 12 NBA seasons for the Jazz, Knicks, Mavericks, Timberwolves, Suns, Nuggets, Spurs and Clippers.
If he can impart some of the knowledge required to stick in the league so long, the Wizards will be better for it.
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 28
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 26
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 56
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48