Sep 4, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
The Wizards hired Roy Rogers, but they still needed someone to work with their young and talented guards, John Wall and Bradley Beal.
So, Washington turned to the team that just hired Cassell.
The Washington Wizards are hiring former Los Angeles Clippers assistant coach Howard Eisley to their staff, according to league sources.
Eisley, another former point guard, carved out quite a career after being a second-round pick. He played 12 NBA seasons for the Jazz, Knicks, Mavericks, Timberwolves, Suns, Nuggets, Spurs and Clippers.
If he can impart some of the knowledge required to stick in the league so long, the Wizards will be better for it.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 20
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 67
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8