Sep 4, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
The Wizards hired Roy Rogers, but they still needed someone to work with their young and talented guards, John Wall and Bradley Beal.
So, Washington turned to the team that just hired Cassell.
The Washington Wizards are hiring former Los Angeles Clippers assistant coach Howard Eisley to their staff, according to league sources.
Eisley, another former point guard, carved out quite a career after being a second-round pick. He played 12 NBA seasons for the Jazz, Knicks, Mavericks, Timberwolves, Suns, Nuggets, Spurs and Clippers.
If he can impart some of the knowledge required to stick in the league so long, the Wizards will be better for it.
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 0
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 12
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 52
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6