Sep 4, 2014, 11:33 AM EST
The Wizards hired Roy Rogers, but they still needed someone to work with their young and talented guards, John Wall and Bradley Beal.
So, Washington turned to the team that just hired Cassell.
The Washington Wizards are hiring former Los Angeles Clippers assistant coach Howard Eisley to their staff, according to league sources.
Eisley, another former point guard, carved out quite a career after being a second-round pick. He played 12 NBA seasons for the Jazz, Knicks, Mavericks, Timberwolves, Suns, Nuggets, Spurs and Clippers.
If he can impart some of the knowledge required to stick in the league so long, the Wizards will be better for it.
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 3
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 0
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 26
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 2
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 35
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9