Sep 4, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
The Wizards hired Roy Rogers, but they still needed someone to work with their young and talented guards, John Wall and Bradley Beal.
So, Washington turned to the team that just hired Cassell.
The Washington Wizards are hiring former Los Angeles Clippers assistant coach Howard Eisley to their staff, according to league sources.
Eisley, another former point guard, carved out quite a career after being a second-round pick. He played 12 NBA seasons for the Jazz, Knicks, Mavericks, Timberwolves, Suns, Nuggets, Spurs and Clippers.
If he can impart some of the knowledge required to stick in the league so long, the Wizards will be better for it.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 13
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 15
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8