Sep 4, 2014, 8:44 AM EST
Bernard James is going to be back as the emergency big man off the bench for Dallas next season.
Dallas confirmed that James would be back for next season on Wednesday. This is a one-year deal for the league minimum, but it is fully guaranteed.
It will be his third season for James, who will turn 30 this season and had an unusual route to the NBA. Out of high he was in the air force where he rose to the rank of Staff Sergeant and his time included three tours to Iraq, Afghanistan and Qatar. After that he attended Florida State, where he played ball and was eventually drafted in the second round by the Cavaliers.
He’s not going to provide the Mavs a ton on the court — he got in just 30 games last season with a true shooting percentage of .503 and a PER of 8.5 — but he’s a big they like a lot in the locker room and on the practice court.
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 2
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 5
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11