Sep 4, 2014, 1:33 PM EDT
Update: Irving says he’s fine
Kyrie Irving left Team USA’s win over Ukraine due to an injury suffered with just more than a minute left.
Late in the American’s 95-71 win, a game played after they’d already clinched first place in their group, Irving drove to the basket, had his shot blocked and fell hard on his back. He writhed in pain on the court, clutching his back side for a moment before trainers reached him.
Irving was helped up and and away from the court area. He limped off while holding the left side of his back.
The Cavaliers point guard scored 11 points and led Team USA with six assists and four steals.
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 40
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 60
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 19
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 39
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 30
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3