Sep 4, 2014, 1:33 PM EDT
Update: Irving says he’s fine
Kyrie Irving left Team USA’s win over Ukraine due to an injury suffered with just more than a minute left.
Late in the American’s 95-71 win, a game played after they’d already clinched first place in their group, Irving drove to the basket, had his shot blocked and fell hard on his back. He writhed in pain on the court, clutching his back side for a moment before trainers reached him.
Irving was helped up and and away from the court area. He limped off while holding the left side of his back.
The Cavaliers point guard scored 11 points and led Team USA with six assists and four steals.
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 0
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 2
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 24
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 6
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 7
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 8
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 17