Sep 4, 2014, 1:33 PM EST
Update: Irving says he’s fine
Kyrie Irving left Team USA’s win over Ukraine due to an injury suffered with just more than a minute left.
Late in the American’s 95-71 win, a game played after they’d already clinched first place in their group, Irving drove to the basket, had his shot blocked and fell hard on his back. He writhed in pain on the court, clutching his back side for a moment before trainers reached him.
Irving was helped up and and away from the court area. He limped off while holding the left side of his back.
The Cavaliers point guard scored 11 points and led Team USA with six assists and four steals.
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 13
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 28
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 21
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5
- Report: Rockets ‘very confident’ they’ll land Josh Smith 19
- Report: Sixers want Andrei Kirilenko to report to team, prepare to play 16