Sep 4, 2014, 1:33 PM EST
Update: Irving says he’s fine
Kyrie Irving left Team USA’s win over Ukraine due to an injury suffered with just more than a minute left.
Late in the American’s 95-71 win, a game played after they’d already clinched first place in their group, Irving drove to the basket, had his shot blocked and fell hard on his back. He writhed in pain on the court, clutching his back side for a moment before trainers reached him.
Irving was helped up and and away from the court area. He limped off while holding the left side of his back.
The Cavaliers point guard scored 11 points and led Team USA with six assists and four steals.
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 0
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 9
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 9
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 5
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 35
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 18