Sep 4, 2014, 1:33 PM EDT
Update: Irving says he’s fine
Kyrie Irving left Team USA’s win over Ukraine due to an injury suffered with just more than a minute left.
Late in the American’s 95-71 win, a game played after they’d already clinched first place in their group, Irving drove to the basket, had his shot blocked and fell hard on his back. He writhed in pain on the court, clutching his back side for a moment before trainers reached him.
Irving was helped up and and away from the court area. He limped off while holding the left side of his back.
The Cavaliers point guard scored 11 points and led Team USA with six assists and four steals.
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 13
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 8
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 17
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 39
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15