Sep 4, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
The Knicks are doing something very cool.
They typically hold training camp at their training center in Greenburgh, N.Y. But this year, they’re headed to a more hallowed location.
Presumably, the team will interact with the cadets – an experience that both sides could appreciate. That Army way of life could make the players more regimented, and cadets should appreciate seeing NBA players up close.
This is a win-win, bringing back a practice – the Knicks training at West Point – that ended before Phil Jackson even began playing for New York. It’s nice to see it return.
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 3
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 18
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 17
- Rajon Rondo leads Celtics to rout of Nets. How much does it mean? 8
- Bulls cruise to 24-point opening night win over Knicks 16
- Lakers’ rookie Julius Randle has surgery to repair fractured tibia, out for season 16
- Anthony Davis has zero chance of winning MVP this season 38
- Dwight Howard says he wants to move on from Kobe, Lakers. Actions show feud going strong. 49