Sep 4, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
The Knicks are doing something very cool.
They typically hold training camp at their training center in Greenburgh, N.Y. But this year, they’re headed to a more hallowed location.
Presumably, the team will interact with the cadets – an experience that both sides could appreciate. That Army way of life could make the players more regimented, and cadets should appreciate seeing NBA players up close.
This is a win-win, bringing back a practice – the Knicks training at West Point – that ended before Phil Jackson even began playing for New York. It’s nice to see it return.
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 9
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 30
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 10
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5