Sep 4, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
The Knicks are doing something very cool.
They typically hold training camp at their training center in Greenburgh, N.Y. But this year, they’re headed to a more hallowed location.
Presumably, the team will interact with the cadets – an experience that both sides could appreciate. That Army way of life could make the players more regimented, and cadets should appreciate seeing NBA players up close.
This is a win-win, bringing back a practice – the Knicks training at West Point – that ended before Phil Jackson even began playing for New York. It’s nice to see it return.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 7
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 10
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8