Sep 3, 2014, 11:20 PM EDT
Like Green, the Pacers center committed $1 million to toward the construction of the John R. Thompson Jr. Intercollegiate Athletics Center.
Hibbert, via Georgetown release:
“I am deeply indebted to Georgetown University and the basketball program for all they have done for me,” Hibbert said. “I put in a lot of hard work to get where I am, but I was given a tremendous amount of guidance both on and off the floor from Coach Thompson III and I wouldn’t be here without him.”
We can debate the merits of donating to a profit-generating enterprise like Georgetown Athletics, but there’s no mistake the basketball program has earned loyalty from the players it has sent to the NBA. This remains a program to watch for draftniks.
Now, Greg Monroe better handle his free agency. Someone from the fundraising department is going to be hounding him for his check.
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 8
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 16
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7