Sep 3, 2014, 11:20 PM EDT
Like Green, the Pacers center committed $1 million to toward the construction of the John R. Thompson Jr. Intercollegiate Athletics Center.
Hibbert, via Georgetown release:
“I am deeply indebted to Georgetown University and the basketball program for all they have done for me,” Hibbert said. “I put in a lot of hard work to get where I am, but I was given a tremendous amount of guidance both on and off the floor from Coach Thompson III and I wouldn’t be here without him.”
We can debate the merits of donating to a profit-generating enterprise like Georgetown Athletics, but there’s no mistake the basketball program has earned loyalty from the players it has sent to the NBA. This remains a program to watch for draftniks.
Now, Greg Monroe better handle his free agency. Someone from the fundraising department is going to be hounding him for his check.
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 17
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 16
- Rajon Rondo leads Celtics to rout of Nets. How much does it mean? 8
- Bulls cruise to 24-point opening night win over Knicks 15
- Lakers’ rookie Julius Randle has surgery to repair fractured tibia, out for season 16
- Anthony Davis has zero chance of winning MVP this season 38
- Dwight Howard says he wants to move on from Kobe, Lakers. Actions show feud going strong. 48
- NBA Opening Night Winners/Losers: Big nights for The Beard and The Brow 27