Sep 3, 2014, 11:20 PM EDT
Like Green, the Pacers center committed $1 million to toward the construction of the John R. Thompson Jr. Intercollegiate Athletics Center.
Hibbert, via Georgetown release:
“I am deeply indebted to Georgetown University and the basketball program for all they have done for me,” Hibbert said. “I put in a lot of hard work to get where I am, but I was given a tremendous amount of guidance both on and off the floor from Coach Thompson III and I wouldn’t be here without him.”
We can debate the merits of donating to a profit-generating enterprise like Georgetown Athletics, but there’s no mistake the basketball program has earned loyalty from the players it has sent to the NBA. This remains a program to watch for draftniks.
Now, Greg Monroe better handle his free agency. Someone from the fundraising department is going to be hounding him for his check.
- Ginobili, Duncan, Popovich dance around questions about Spurs’ future 6
- Reports: Stephen Curry to be named MVP Monday 30
- Hawks start hot, finish cold, Wizards take Game 1 on road 104-98. 7
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Preview: Washington Wizards vs. Atlanta Hawks 4
- Adjusting for playoff rotations round two: Watch out for the Wizards 2
- Hobbled Chris Paul, Clippers’ role players do just enough to dethrone Spurs in Game 7 20
- Chris Paul banks in game winner to lift Clippers past Spurs (VIDEO) 32
- Report: Bulls’ Mike Dunleavy won’t be suspended for Game 1 against Cavaliers 22