Sep 3, 2014, 11:20 PM EDT
Like Green, the Pacers center committed $1 million to toward the construction of the John R. Thompson Jr. Intercollegiate Athletics Center.
Hibbert, via Georgetown release:
“I am deeply indebted to Georgetown University and the basketball program for all they have done for me,” Hibbert said. “I put in a lot of hard work to get where I am, but I was given a tremendous amount of guidance both on and off the floor from Coach Thompson III and I wouldn’t be here without him.”
We can debate the merits of donating to a profit-generating enterprise like Georgetown Athletics, but there’s no mistake the basketball program has earned loyalty from the players it has sent to the NBA. This remains a program to watch for draftniks.
Now, Greg Monroe better handle his free agency. Someone from the fundraising department is going to be hounding him for his check.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 32
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 32
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18