Sep 3, 2014, 11:20 PM EST
Like Green, the Pacers center committed $1 million to toward the construction of the John R. Thompson Jr. Intercollegiate Athletics Center.
Hibbert, via Georgetown release:
“I am deeply indebted to Georgetown University and the basketball program for all they have done for me,” Hibbert said. “I put in a lot of hard work to get where I am, but I was given a tremendous amount of guidance both on and off the floor from Coach Thompson III and I wouldn’t be here without him.”
We can debate the merits of donating to a profit-generating enterprise like Georgetown Athletics, but there’s no mistake the basketball program has earned loyalty from the players it has sent to the NBA. This remains a program to watch for draftniks.
Now, Greg Monroe better handle his free agency. Someone from the fundraising department is going to be hounding him for his check.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 11
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13