Sep 3, 2014, 7:20 PM EDT
Before beating New Zealand in the World Cup yesterday, Team USA looked pretty bewildered by the Kiwis’ haka. I thought the dance was cool and the Americans’ response amusing.
Andre Iguodala, an American but not a member of the World Cup team, joked he wasn’t at all impressed.
@andre show some respect for my culture.
I have no idea whether Adams was jokingly poking Iguodala or seriously offended. The Thunder center can be both a laid-back jokester and a havoc-inducing enforcer, and he has reason to resent Iguodala (either seriously or not).
I’m pretty confident Iguodala intended his tweet to be lighthearted, and it was unusually direct for someone whose tweets are typically extremely cryptic.
If there’s any real animosity between the two, Golden State-Oklahoma City games could get even more fun next season – if that’s possible. Last season, the Warriors won 116-15 and the Thunder won 113-112 (overtime) and 127-121 in the series.
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 18
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 55
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23