Sep 3, 2014, 7:20 PM EST
Before beating New Zealand in the World Cup yesterday, Team USA looked pretty bewildered by the Kiwis’ haka. I thought the dance was cool and the Americans’ response amusing.
Andre Iguodala, an American but not a member of the World Cup team, joked he wasn’t at all impressed.
@andre show some respect for my culture.
I have no idea whether Adams was jokingly poking Iguodala or seriously offended. The Thunder center can be both a laid-back jokester and a havoc-inducing enforcer, and he has reason to resent Iguodala (either seriously or not).
I’m pretty confident Iguodala intended his tweet to be lighthearted, and it was unusually direct for someone whose tweets are typically extremely cryptic.
If there’s any real animosity between the two, Golden State-Oklahoma City games could get even more fun next season – if that’s possible. Last season, the Warriors won 116-15 and the Thunder won 113-112 (overtime) and 127-121 in the series.
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 14
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 7
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16