Sep 2, 2014, 9:22 AM EDT
Yes, Timofey Mozgov would enjoy playing for David Blatt, his coach on the Russian national team.
Of course, Mozgov would like lining up next to LeBron James, a superstar who makes his teammates better.
But despite rumors of the Cavaliers trying to trade for him, Mozgov insists he doesn’t want to leave the Nuggets.
Denver, Mozgov told itar-tass.com (through Google translate):
has developed successfully and to take any steps to withdraw from the team would be unwise.
The best trade idea I see is John Lucas III, Malcolm Thomas, Erik Murphy and a protected first rounder for Mozgov. Denver could waive its incoming players for a total cost of $100,000 (Murphy’s guarantee). However, that trade isn’t allowed until Sept. 22.
But the Nuggets can use Mozgov, 28, now. His contract doesn’t expire until 2016, so there’s no rush to trade him.
However, it doesn’t seem Mozgov has any interest in going that route – even if he sees positives with the Cavaliers.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 0
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 3
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron got his shots despite good Celtics defense 3
- PBT Extra: For how long should J.R. Smith be suspended? 27
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 31
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 39
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 10
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17