Sep 2, 2014, 9:22 AM EDT
Yes, Timofey Mozgov would enjoy playing for David Blatt, his coach on the Russian national team.
Of course, Mozgov would like lining up next to LeBron James, a superstar who makes his teammates better.
But despite rumors of the Cavaliers trying to trade for him, Mozgov insists he doesn’t want to leave the Nuggets.
Denver, Mozgov told itar-tass.com (through Google translate):
has developed successfully and to take any steps to withdraw from the team would be unwise.
The best trade idea I see is John Lucas III, Malcolm Thomas, Erik Murphy and a protected first rounder for Mozgov. Denver could waive its incoming players for a total cost of $100,000 (Murphy’s guarantee). However, that trade isn’t allowed until Sept. 22.
But the Nuggets can use Mozgov, 28, now. His contract doesn’t expire until 2016, so there’s no rush to trade him.
However, it doesn’t seem Mozgov has any interest in going that route – even if he sees positives with the Cavaliers.
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 11
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 38
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 2
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 22
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 100
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 11
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 78
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27