Sep 2, 2014, 9:22 AM EDT
Yes, Timofey Mozgov would enjoy playing for David Blatt, his coach on the Russian national team.
Of course, Mozgov would like lining up next to LeBron James, a superstar who makes his teammates better.
But despite rumors of the Cavaliers trying to trade for him, Mozgov insists he doesn’t want to leave the Nuggets.
Denver, Mozgov told itar-tass.com (through Google translate):
has developed successfully and to take any steps to withdraw from the team would be unwise.
The best trade idea I see is John Lucas III, Malcolm Thomas, Erik Murphy and a protected first rounder for Mozgov. Denver could waive its incoming players for a total cost of $100,000 (Murphy’s guarantee). However, that trade isn’t allowed until Sept. 22.
But the Nuggets can use Mozgov, 28, now. His contract doesn’t expire until 2016, so there’s no rush to trade him.
However, it doesn’t seem Mozgov has any interest in going that route – even if he sees positives with the Cavaliers.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 42
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 34
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18