Sep 2, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Joe Ingles has had himself a pretty nice World Cup so far.
He’s leading Australia with 14.5 points per game, having made 12-of-16 shots, including 3-of-4 3-pointers. Though that has resulted only in a split for the Aussies, a loss to Slovenia and a win over Korea, the performance could help him personally.
David Pick of Eurobasket.com:
Australian forward Joe Ingles has received some interest from the Philadelphia 76ers, sources told Sportando.
76ers coach Brett Brown previously coached the Australian national team, so he’s familiar with Ingles.
The 26-year-old wing is young enough to fit Philadelphia’s win-later timeline, but to get him on the team the 76ers must sign him. They can’t stash him like Dario Saric, whom they drafted.
Ingles, 6-foot-8, has nice size and a quality shooting stroke, but I doubt he’s good enough to immediately disrupt Philadelphia’s tanking. With plenty of cap space to burn, luring Ingles might be a good use of it.
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 8
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 24
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6