Sep 2, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Joe Ingles has had himself a pretty nice World Cup so far.
He’s leading Australia with 14.5 points per game, having made 12-of-16 shots, including 3-of-4 3-pointers. Though that has resulted only in a split for the Aussies, a loss to Slovenia and a win over Korea, the performance could help him personally.
David Pick of Eurobasket.com:
Australian forward Joe Ingles has received some interest from the Philadelphia 76ers, sources told Sportando.
76ers coach Brett Brown previously coached the Australian national team, so he’s familiar with Ingles.
The 26-year-old wing is young enough to fit Philadelphia’s win-later timeline, but to get him on the team the 76ers must sign him. They can’t stash him like Dario Saric, whom they drafted.
Ingles, 6-foot-8, has nice size and a quality shooting stroke, but I doubt he’s good enough to immediately disrupt Philadelphia’s tanking. With plenty of cap space to burn, luring Ingles might be a good use of it.
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 0
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 31
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8