Sep 2, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Joe Ingles has had himself a pretty nice World Cup so far.
He’s leading Australia with 14.5 points per game, having made 12-of-16 shots, including 3-of-4 3-pointers. Though that has resulted only in a split for the Aussies, a loss to Slovenia and a win over Korea, the performance could help him personally.
David Pick of Eurobasket.com:
Australian forward Joe Ingles has received some interest from the Philadelphia 76ers, sources told Sportando.
76ers coach Brett Brown previously coached the Australian national team, so he’s familiar with Ingles.
The 26-year-old wing is young enough to fit Philadelphia’s win-later timeline, but to get him on the team the 76ers must sign him. They can’t stash him like Dario Saric, whom they drafted.
Ingles, 6-foot-8, has nice size and a quality shooting stroke, but I doubt he’s good enough to immediately disrupt Philadelphia’s tanking. With plenty of cap space to burn, luring Ingles might be a good use of it.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 20
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 20
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 49