Sep 2, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Joe Ingles has had himself a pretty nice World Cup so far.
He’s leading Australia with 14.5 points per game, having made 12-of-16 shots, including 3-of-4 3-pointers. Though that has resulted only in a split for the Aussies, a loss to Slovenia and a win over Korea, the performance could help him personally.
David Pick of Eurobasket.com:
Australian forward Joe Ingles has received some interest from the Philadelphia 76ers, sources told Sportando.
76ers coach Brett Brown previously coached the Australian national team, so he’s familiar with Ingles.
The 26-year-old wing is young enough to fit Philadelphia’s win-later timeline, but to get him on the team the 76ers must sign him. They can’t stash him like Dario Saric, whom they drafted.
Ingles, 6-foot-8, has nice size and a quality shooting stroke, but I doubt he’s good enough to immediately disrupt Philadelphia’s tanking. With plenty of cap space to burn, luring Ingles might be a good use of it.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 16
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 15
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9