Sep 2, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Joe Ingles has had himself a pretty nice World Cup so far.
He’s leading Australia with 14.5 points per game, having made 12-of-16 shots, including 3-of-4 3-pointers. Though that has resulted only in a split for the Aussies, a loss to Slovenia and a win over Korea, the performance could help him personally.
David Pick of Eurobasket.com:
Australian forward Joe Ingles has received some interest from the Philadelphia 76ers, sources told Sportando.
76ers coach Brett Brown previously coached the Australian national team, so he’s familiar with Ingles.
The 26-year-old wing is young enough to fit Philadelphia’s win-later timeline, but to get him on the team the 76ers must sign him. They can’t stash him like Dario Saric, whom they drafted.
Ingles, 6-foot-8, has nice size and a quality shooting stroke, but I doubt he’s good enough to immediately disrupt Philadelphia’s tanking. With plenty of cap space to burn, luring Ingles might be a good use of it.
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 32
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 6
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 65
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 26
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 43
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 17
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 19