Sep 2, 2014, 10:37 AM EDT
If you watched Spain’s destruction of Brazil in World Cup play on Monday, the assertion that those were the second and third best teams in the tournament would leave you feeling like it wasn’t a very strong tournament at all.
Brazil was helpless trying to stop Spain’s offense for much of the game, and Pau Gasol put on a show on both ends of the floor in leading his team to victory.
Neither Anderson Varejao nor Nene had any chance of slowing Gasol, who had it going from inside and out, and even rejected Nene with a clean block at the rim.
I’ve maintained since the middle of last season that Gasol would return to playing at a borderline All-Star level once he left the Lakers and was properly utilized in a new situation; this performance in World Cup play has to have left Bulls fans pretty excited for the future.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 3
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48