Sep 1, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
James Harden is unquestionably one of the game’s elite offensive players, but his disinterest on the defensive end of the floor has earned him a bit of a reputation there, and he showed no signs of doing anything to change it during USA’s win over Turkey in FIBA World Cup play on Sunday.
This is going to keep getting pointed out, because Harden isn’t incapable of defending. But the more we see him display this level of apathy, the more unconscionable his decision to do so actually seems.
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 1
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 33
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 8
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 6
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 14
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 28
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 7
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 5