Sep 1, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
James Harden is unquestionably one of the game’s elite offensive players, but his disinterest on the defensive end of the floor has earned him a bit of a reputation there, and he showed no signs of doing anything to change it during USA’s win over Turkey in FIBA World Cup play on Sunday.
This is going to keep getting pointed out, because Harden isn’t incapable of defending. But the more we see him display this level of apathy, the more unconscionable his decision to do so actually seems.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 11
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9