Sep 1, 2014, 12:30 AM EDT
He’s an unrestricted free agent as far as the NBA is concerned, after most recently playing for the Nets, and largely doing so competently even though there were some bumps along the way.
Blatche playing well in the Worlds will only help his value on the open market, but plays like this one will remind would-be suitors to proceed with caution.
Now, I’ve discussed this particular move with more than one player over the years, and each one has maintained that it’s legitimately the best option in certain situations. But watching it unfold, and seeing a guy attempt to split a double-team by throwing the ball off the glass to himself in live game action, it’s almost impossible to agree with that assertion.
This one from Blatche didn’t count, as he was called for traveling before he could complete the self alley-oop. But it was completely entertaining nonetheless.
[via Zach Harper of EOB]
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 20
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 38
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85