Sep 1, 2014, 12:30 AM EDT
He’s an unrestricted free agent as far as the NBA is concerned, after most recently playing for the Nets, and largely doing so competently even though there were some bumps along the way.
Blatche playing well in the Worlds will only help his value on the open market, but plays like this one will remind would-be suitors to proceed with caution.
Now, I’ve discussed this particular move with more than one player over the years, and each one has maintained that it’s legitimately the best option in certain situations. But watching it unfold, and seeing a guy attempt to split a double-team by throwing the ball off the glass to himself in live game action, it’s almost impossible to agree with that assertion.
This one from Blatche didn’t count, as he was called for traveling before he could complete the self alley-oop. But it was completely entertaining nonetheless.
[via Zach Harper of EOB]
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 6
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 11
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 14
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 10
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 17
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11