Aug 31, 2014, 7:59 PM EDT
For you kids at home, that is not how you close out on a three-point shooter (take shorter steps as you get close to the shooter to slow your momentum, sometimes move to the shooting hand side, or the side your coach prefers to force the shooter to help, usually forcing him baseline). What you don’t do is extend your arm into his chest and run into him.
James Harden’s day wasn’t perfect by far (we’ll get to that) but he finished with 14 points on seven shots as Team USA got the win.
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 7
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 7
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 19
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39