Deron Williams has resumed basketball activities following offseason surgery (VIDEO)

Aug 31, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT

Brooklyn Nets v Toronto Raptors - Game Seven Getty Images

Deron Williams appeared in 64 games last season for the Nets, but his ongoing ankle issues limited him at times, and only allowed him to do so much.

Williams had offseason surgery on both ankles, with a bone chip being removed from the right, and an arthroscopic cleanout being done to remove bone spurs from the left. He was expected to be ready in time for the start of training camp, but it appears as though he’s already back in action.

The caption reads as follows:
@dwill8 been getting it in.. #Handles #GettingRight #ComeBackSeason #Gr8ness #KeepSleeping #GoingToBeAProblem #PuttingInThatWork #OneMonthTillCamp #Brooklyn #Nets #Hungry #JustTheBeginning

Incoming Nets head coach Lionel Hollins said Friday that Williams getting his confidence back will be key in whether or not he can regain his previous All-Star form next season.

From Mike Mazzeo of ESPN.com:

“There’s a lot of different things you can do [as a coach],” Lionel Hollins said Friday. “I can’t say right here that I’m going to walk in there and tell Deron Williams this or that, because I don’t even know where he is from that perspective [a confidence perspective] at this moment.

“But I think first of all he has to be healthy and he has to be in great shape and we’re going to try to put him in a situation where he can flourish, which will give him confidence and go from there. I mean confidence comes and goes with all players no matter how good they are. I don’t think there’s ever been a player that’s played and didn’t have a confidence issue at some point maybe in a game, maybe in a season.”

Being able to get back to basketball ahead of schedule will only help in that regard.

[via NetsDaily]

1. cantonb0und13 - Aug 31, 2014 at 8:56 AM

Seeing him dribble is awkward… Is he trying to do a split?

• sportsfan18 - Aug 31, 2014 at 10:11 AM

Deron “DeDone” Williams…

Injuries suck and I don’t like seeing any pro athlete have them…

ankles are kinda important for point guards too

2. lazegowizfan95 - Aug 31, 2014 at 10:31 AM

Nets are sleepers to me them and Raptors I see them upsetting one of the top teams in the playoffs this year hope It won’t be my Wizards

• 88heatnation - Aug 31, 2014 at 3:48 PM

Wizards are Overrated, Whose the Superstar Beal? Wall? the same two that got cut from USA basketball. To win it all you need at least one Superstar and this team brought in the same medicore squad with addition of washed up Veterans.

3. succulentnipples - Aug 31, 2014 at 11:06 AM

Big John Football is engaged in activities.

4. campcouch - Aug 31, 2014 at 5:42 PM

Why hashtags or as I use in my old age…pound signs? Why not just type out what you want to say instead of a line of hashtags that don’t link to anything. That is what a hashtag is used for right..to link you to something else.

What players stood out at World Cup?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches