Nik Stauskas makes 15 consecutive 3-pointers in 47 seconds (video)

Aug 30, 2014, 6:30 PM EST

Quick release? Check.

All areas of the floor? Check.

Accuracy? Check.

The Kings drafted Nik Stauskas to shoot 3-pointers, and he’s quickly proving he has NBA range. The guard can do a little more, but his shooting should get him on the court as a rookie – and maybe into the 3-point Shootout at All-Star weekend.

1. 88heatnation - Aug 30, 2014 at 6:34 PM

Impressive. I can’t even make 15 layups straight.

2. charlescub80 - Aug 30, 2014 at 6:47 PM

Quick release? No, watch as he dips the ball down below his hips. He is going to struggle if he is not wide open. Hopefully he is just going thru the motions.

• btenn4 - Aug 30, 2014 at 7:05 PM

I’m guessing you do not realize that the dip is one of the most vital components of shooting a basketball correctly. I shall refer you to Pro Shot, the most comprehensive shooting program.

3. ProBasketballPundit - Aug 30, 2014 at 7:09 PM

Hasn’t everybody figured out to record in landscape mode yet? That video gives me motion sickness.

4. sportsfan18 - Aug 30, 2014 at 8:46 PM

pfft… I can do that while sleep walking…

And then I wake up from my dream…

5. money2long - Aug 30, 2014 at 9:09 PM

Does anyone like Ben McClemore’s game or believe in him ?

• sportsfan18 - Aug 31, 2014 at 8:48 AM

money

I do. for some reason, I see a lot of Calbert Cheaney in him, the old IU great from the 90’s.

Both were great in college, esp Calbert because he stayed all 4 yrs and left as the Big Ten’s all time leading scorer when he left IU.

Both are lefties, Calbert was 6′ 7″ and 210 and Ben is 6′ 5″ and 195.

Calbert was just a role player though he did play 13 seasons in the NBA. His first few seasons were his best though and he didn’t get any better.

Calber’ts PER was over 14 his first two yrs in the league and Ben’s was a disappointing 7.7

I think Ben will improve a lot this season from that though.

While I think Ben will improve, I don’t see him tearing the league up though. He’ll be a good rotation player and hopefully be a decent starter for a couple of yrs too.

• money2long - Aug 31, 2014 at 8:49 PM

I needed some convincing because his play was less than stellar.

6. nilla619 - Aug 30, 2014 at 9:30 PM

Was that an on day or off day?

7. andreboy1 - Aug 30, 2014 at 11:34 PM

People once watched Peja make 47 3’s in a row at the Kings’ facility.

8. avb300 - Aug 30, 2014 at 11:34 PM

I think the most I’ve ever gone is 9 that I remember

Stauskas also made 46 in a row before too so 15 isn’t surprising for him

9. captainwisdom8888 - Aug 31, 2014 at 2:22 AM

My dream scenario for my 76ers in the draft was to select Wiggins or Parker, followed by Nik Stauskas. The kid is lights out shooting the ball.

Instead my Sixers managed to utilize both of their top-10 picks on players who won’t even see the court for us this season. 2 years in a row where we select a player(s) in the 1st round who doesn’t play. Yeah the future looks bright, but the present tense leaves much to be desired.

10. montrealknowledge - Aug 31, 2014 at 12:39 PM

Gee captain wisdom, thanks for the 76ers inside info. No need to write that all out, everybody knows what they did.

Could Sixers be worst team in NBA history?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches